Where would you do an event in Charlotte?

rockhilljames

So, my company is planning an event in November that will be brining people in from all over the country. We'll have approximately 35 people or so. I'm looking to book a fun event for them for one of the days / evenings and would love to know if you guys know of some things that I haven't thought of.

Ideas so far:

Whitewater Center Rafting

Victory Lanes Cart Racing : website

Pace car lap rides at Lowe's Motor Speedway

Renting out the Mint Museum of Craft + Design {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} rent the museum!

Renting out Discovery Place

Anything else you guys can think of that I'm missing?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done Queen's Landing before. Definitely would recommend it if that's the type of entertainment you're looking for. They have a lunch cruise and a dinner cruise. Don't remember exactly, but I wanna say they are a few hours long. Also on site is a dueling piano bar like the one at EpiCentre and Mini-Golf that has a big central volcano thing. Also I rented Jet-Ski's from there and took them out on the lake for 4 hours. They also have a little man-made beach with a tiki-bar outside for nights. Not a bad place for a party, IMO, but I went during the day too, so I don't know how it is at night.

You can also rent the Pavillion at EpiCentre and I'm not sure if you can rent it out, but there is the rooftop deck at the Holiday Inn in uptown. Also don't forget about Carowinds (although I don't know if this is the right crowd for it).

Jillian's would probably not be out of scale for a party of 35, IMO. It's rather spacious and hardly busy.

Whitewater Center is open rather late, actually. Their last trip leaves at 6 or 7pm, I believe, and they do the night rafting under the lights, which is really awesome. Even in November, it shouldn't be too cold because wet suits are provided.

Don't go to Jillian's. They have a VERY small selection of games and many of them are old and/or broken. The food is crappy too. It would only be good to play pool and watch tv. Dave and Buster's is better but it is in Concord Mills.

Regarding Bentley's, our company had a holiday party there and while the place is beautiful and the views and food are great, I don't think it would be what you're looking for because there wouldn't be any activities.

Of the suggestions so far I think I would go with the Mint Museum if it isn't too expensive. The terrace is great. It sounds like transportation is an issue so something downtown would be the best option.

Buildit, thanks for the heads up on the Grace site, I didn't know it was going to be finished in time. That space is going to be incredible.

Uptown, that was a GREAT resource. It mentioned a few places that I had forgotten about, like the Big Chill. Never even heard of "roof with a view."

Great ideas guys!

Buildit, thanks for the heads up on the Grace site, I didn't know it was going to be finished in time. That space is going to be incredible.

Uptown, that was a GREAT resource. It mentioned a few places that I had forgotten about, like the Big Chill. Never even heard of "roof with a view."

Great ideas guys!

Archived