SC Passenger Railways

CorgiMatt

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I sent an email to SCDOT about rail efforts that are underway in South Carolina. Most of them we are already aware of, but I learned some new information about a few of them:

• SEHSR [Link to thread]

• Statewide Rail Plan: Sponsored by SC Dept. of Commerce, but with SCDOT involvement and review. This Plan includes a statewide passenger rail element, and we expect the Plan in its entirety to be released within the next couple of months.

• Berkeley-Charleston-Dorchester COG Rail Feasibility Study: SCDOT continues to work very closely with the BCD COG on an Alternatives Analysis and have recently entered Phase 2 of the study for the Charleston-Summerville and Charleston-Moncks Corner corridors, with primary focus on commuter rail. This study should be complete by 2010.

• Camden/Columbia Alternative Analysis Study: This study was recently initiated by the Central Midlands Council of Governments with funding provided by SCDOT. We are working very closely with the COG on this analysis, with a primary focus on commuter rail. This study should be complete by 2010.

News to me:

[*]Statewide Multimodal Plan: This Plan was approved last year, and will be posted to our website within the week. It includes a Statewide Transit Plan that addresses commuter and intercity passenger rail needs, as well as a Rail Right-of-Way Inventory element.

[*]SCDOT: SCDOT has also recently undertaken a study on the

Archived