Polo Shirt Mafia

JBGB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petras on Commonwealth is a laidback and friendly place. It's predominantly gay but getting more mixed, of course this influx mostly consists of groups of straight girls that want to drink and have fun without worrying about dealing with lame pick up lines. Not a typical PSM place :lol: If I may be tangential for a moment...I have always found it funny that some straight men think that gay guys will automatically be attracted to them just because we are gay. We have standards and are attracted to different types just like heteros.

^Ahh yeah. Well there is always The Scorpio if one always wants to escape that madness. Continuously operating since 1975. well... except for a couple of gasoline torchings by imbeciles. As far as I know no PSM there, but they did have an invasion of the Izod crew once. But fortunately Izod, Polo and Ken and Barbies were sent elsewhere.

(I will qualify this by the statement that I have not been in there in a decade)

^Ahh yeah. Well there is always The Scorpio if one always wants to escape that madness. Continuously operating since 1975. well... except for a couple of gasoline torchings by imbeciles. As far as I know no PSM there, but they did have an invasion of the Izod crew once. But fortunately Izod, Polo and Ken and Barbies were sent elsewhere.

(I will qualify this by the statement that I have not been in there in a decade)

Drag shows used to be on Wednesday and Sunday nights. Probably the most cutting edge bar entertainment in CLT and ironically one that almost nobody knew about except for the about the 1000+ people that would be crowding that small place on those nights. Maybe someone else here saw the show with Misty Knight and her Reptiles. Oh My! LOL.

Note: The PSMers in those days inhabited the Odyssey/Charades. It was an absolutely huge bar. If you got separated from your party or date, there was a good chance you would never see them again. This was a place with electric palm trees and muscle guys in devil outfits dancing in cages suspended from the ceiling. Recreational "***" were easily obtainable and actually sold in the place. Certainly there is nothing of that size and nature in CLT today. Of course that bar disappeared quite some time ago.

• 1 month later...

I think this is the most literally fitting response I have ever made to a topic on here.....but anyway. I live within eyesight of Ed's Tavern in Dilworth. It has quickly become a PSM mainstay. Two weeks ago the front window was smashed in a bar fight. Yesterday evening I heard yelling across the street from my apt. Go to my front porch, a Psmer who must have been a Falcons fan had thrown my neighbor's Obama sign into the street. They were having dinner on the front porch so they saw him do it. He cursed at them kept walking down the street. My neighbor put the sign right back up and then the first guy's friend started yelling at my neighbors that Obama was not even an American or a Christian, over and over again. After ten minutes of this he finally walked away. The police were called during this altercation which never became physical. CMPD said they would be by in "about 20 minutes they think". Big help. So comforting, what if this had escalated to violence? Thank goodness it ended peacefully.

I think this is the most literally fitting response I have ever made to a topic on here.....but anyway. I live within eyesight of Ed's Tavern in Dilworth. It has quickly become a PSM mainstay. Two weeks ago the front window was smashed in a bar fight. Yesterday evening I heard yelling across the street from my apt. Go to my front porch, a Psmer who must have been a Falcons fan had thrown my neighbor's Obama sign into the street. They were having dinner on the front porch so they saw him do it. He cursed at them kept walking down the street. My neighbor put the sign right back up and then the first guy's friend started yelling at my neighbors that Obama was not even an American or a Christian, over and over again. After ten minutes of this he finally walked away. The police were called during this altercation which never became physical. CMPD said they would be by in "about 20 minutes they think". Big help. So comforting, what if this had escalated to violence? Thank goodness it ended peacefully.

that was my impression of it

i just discovered Snug Harbor and it's great. i love a good dive bar and this was the only place i've been since moving here with no PSM in sight! i'm actually good friends with many people in that category, but i still like to make fun of them :)

Archived