Muskegon Chronicle to consolidate operations with GR Press

GRDadof3

Apparently due to shrinking advertising revenue, the Chronicle is moving all of its operations to the Press' Walker facility, and all of its advertising production to the Press' downtown facility. All editorial, creative, photographic, display advertising and circulation operations will remain in Muskegon.

Chronicle to consolidate printing functions..

The Muskegon Chronicle, Grand Rapids Press and Kalamazoo Gazette are all under the same ownership.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently due to shrinking advertising revenue, the Chronicle is moving all of its operations to the Press' Walker facility, and all of its advertising production to the Press' downtown facility. All editorial, creative, photographic, display advertising and circulation operations will remain in Muskegon.

Chronicle to consolidate printing functions..

The Muskegon Chronicle, Grand Rapids Press and Kalamazoo Gazette are all under the same ownership.

Within the last 10 years the internet has becoming so popular, declining ad revenue is a problem I think most newspapers are having, or will be having in comming years. Really I wouldn't be supprised to see the end of the daily newspaper in my lifetime. ( the next 60 years, yes i'm kinda young :) )

I don't advertise my business in the Grand Rapids Press, because I don't want the kind of people who read the Grand Rapids Press to contact me! :P

One of my fellow members of the Grand Rapids Scooter Club was telling me about this consolidation with the Muskegon plant. He took a buyout and can now concentrate on his side business. Very nice guy.

Even better! :thumbsup:

anyone ever been in that building? The lower level where they printed the paper for all those years may require clean up from the EPA due to all the ink that was stored/spilled/etc. over the years - (depending on how toxic ink is???) The huge old presses that are still down there (too expensive to move I guess) look like they belong in a museum like The Henry Ford.

Archived