Homeless People?

fsubelch

Why all the homeless people all of a sudden? Working downtown you always see the same few, but over the last few weeks there has been quite an increase. I once heard that Tallahassee is the drop off city for some state prisoners and other mental facilities upon release, any truth to that? Is that the reason we see spikes in the homeless on occasion?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Students coming back? They like to prey on them since they're more likely to give money.

But let's make a distinction here. There are the "true" homeless - the people you DON'T see on the street trying to get their lives back together. The people you DO see on the streets are vagrants, and they won't see a cent of my money. I know some of them have mental problems, and that's a heartache since those people need to be in facilities, but a lot of them are just common scum trying to swindle you out of money to feed addictions. We need to ship those people out to work camps, similar to the gulags in Russia. Put them to good use at last!

Students coming back? They like to prey on them since they're more likely to give money.

But let's make a distinction here. There are the "true" homeless - the people you DON'T see on the street trying to get their lives back together. The people you DO see on the streets are vagrants, and they won't see a cent of my money. I know some of them have mental problems, and that's a heartache since those people need to be in facilities, but a lot of them are just common scum trying to swindle you out of money to feed addictions. We need to ship those people out to work camps, similar to the gulags in Russia. Put them to good use at last!

• 3 weeks later...

Hurricanes. When the storms get bad down south, folks manage to get greyhound tickets north as far as they can. I rode the ol' dog last week and spoke to several people who'd been living in various shelters south of here and were "evacuated" due to Fay. If this is as far as they could go, they stuck around.

Archived