Orlando Art & Sculpture Displays

JRS1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Isn't sort of in that position now. I mean you have to jog left to get around the thing on Orange. That's why I didn't understand who thought it would be 'lost' in the new construction, and then say they couldn't figure out a way to light it. You can't miss the darn thing, and have whoever said they couldn't figure out a way to light it call me, I'll give him/her phone numbers of about 50 people in town that could show her/him how. With LED's if they like, and a changing color wash.

The person I spoke to about it is a civil engineer with great ties to the city. While yes I do think it is in somewhat of a prominate spot... I think something more could be done with it. Maybe moved to the entrance of the new DPAC.

It was suposed to stand out as a beacon of light... since Orlando was the first "city of light". Maybe LED is to expencive?

on a side note... FUMCO has considerd lighting its vaulted ceiling with LED lighting.... a move I highly agree with.

The person I spoke to about it is a civil engineer with great ties to the city. While yes I do think it is in somewhat of a prominate spot... I think something more could be done with it. Maybe moved to the entrance of the new DPAC.

It was suposed to stand out as a beacon of light... since Orlando was the first "city of light". Maybe LED is to expencive?

on a side note... FUMCO has considerd lighting its vaulted ceiling with LED lighting.... a move I highly agree with.

I love the spot, and forgive me for not being impressed with civil engineers doing lighting.

LED's are pretty cheap upfront (capital expense), and kicks every other source for longevity (maintenance) and power draw (monthly expense). They also are artistically flexible (priceless). I'm sure you'll love them in FUMCO (if they're done right), much better than the harsh florescents you have now. Hopefully, though, someone will resist the urge to wash the ceiling violet during Lent, red for Pentecost, etc.

Archived