Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jbrown84

DEVON TOWER l 925 feet l 1.9 mil sq. ft. l 54 stories

13 posts in this topic

54 floors

925 feet

1.9 million sf

I'll also point out that at 925', this will be taller than Dallas' tallest, Bank of America Plaza.

presskit_06_skyline.jpg

presskit_02_rotundaentrance.jpg

presskit_05_insiderotunda.jpg

presskit_03_generallayout.jpg

presskit_01_rotundaentrances.jpg

presskit_07_interiorlobbys.jpg

presskit_08_diningcourts.jpg

presskit_09_southwestcornerparks.jpg

Edited by jbrown84

This is great! I'm from Oklahoma (Perry, close to Stillwater). We would always drive to OKC for any kind of shopping (60 miles one way! Phew!) And that would be quite often. So I have been really proud to see OKC come into its own. The renaissance it's going through makes me so glad! :thumbsup:

I live in Orlando now, which has been experiencing positive growth, and its downtown has seen substantial growth with skyscrapers (some of them rather awkward, but oh well!) but this is just icing on the cake to see my home state doing so well.

Tulsans will be green with envy. They've always ever had the tallest building. Oooo... LOL!

This is an awesome tower! I really hope the economy and credit markets dont delay or stop this project. Good luck yall, get it built!

Has there been any news on this project? It is certainly impressive, but I wonder whether or not the current credit market may have delayed this project.

I think the price of crude oil is more of an obstacle than the credit markets right now.

many of the big energy companies set infrastructure budgets, and debt loads based on oil prices of ~$75 a barrel, so right now energy companies are sweating a little hoping prices creep back up a little so they do not spend their cash reserves waiting for the prices to climb back.

The soverign wealth funds from the middle east are all in the same place, and there is a real chance some of these huge finds will struggle if the prices to not improve (but i am fine with them struggling and the oil prices remaining low)

Very nice tower architecturally, and a nice addition to OKC.

Question though: how can this be proposed as being 925' tall with only 54 floors? The BOA Plaza in Dallas that was referenced is 72 stories tall at 921'. Metropolitan Tower in Little Rock is 40 stories at 550' - how could this building, with only 14 more floors, be almost twice as tall? There is not an architectural "tower" element as shown that could make up for this discrepancy.

Looking at the nighttime rendering it looks like the "crown" of the building is not in use, and counting the floors it seems to be about 60 floors including the mech of the crown. Also standard floor heights for LEED buildings are considerably higher than a building built in 1983 like Bofa in Dallas.

Looking at the nighttime rendering it looks like the "crown" of the building is not in use, and counting the floors it seems to be about 60 floors including the mech of the crown. Also standard floor heights for LEED buildings are considerably higher than a building built in 1983 like Bofa in Dallas.

Actually, floor-to-floor heights in LEED buildings are often LOWER if underfloor air distribution system is used. That's one of the stated benefits. Again, I can't seem to rectify the floor count with the stated height.

http://www.newsok.com/devon-shortens-plans...ead_story_title

Updated plans have the tower now at 50 stories, down from 54. There are conflicting reports on the height. Some saying 908' and some saying 850'. Change is not a downsizing. Space is the same. Floor height was decrease by a couple feet/floor. They also decided to build their data center at Will Rogers World Airport instead of on this site. Construction is on schedule with site work beginning in October this year.

New renderings:

devona.jpg

devonb.jpg

Edited by jbrown84

saw the artwork a while back, was under the impression that this was cancelled, but wowerzzz, it's real, congrats O.K. city on this modern change, hope this brings some other scrapers to the area.

OKC...Where you at????

Some great aerials on TV last week of the new Devon Energy Tower dominating the skyline between commercial breaks; while watching the NBA Western Conference Finals! Great looking skyscraper! Is this the tallest tower in the U.S. currently going up??

Here is a recent shot :shades:

cimg0723l.jpg

http://devontower.blogspot.com/2011/05/construction-progress-of-devon-tower.html

BTW the Thunder have some of the loudest fans in the NBA...the team looks to have a bright future :thumbsup:

Edited by richyb83

I'm in a hotel in OKC right now. I love the Devon Tower, it looks so nice coming in from the south. But don't tell anyone I said that since I work for their competitor, Chesapeake. ;) Chesapeake has instead gone with a "campus" approach and it changes so much every time I visit. My visits are only a few months apart and it always looks different. Having both of these large companies based in OKC (CHK is currently FORTUNE's #18 place in the US to work), OKC is truly blessed!!