Dr. P Phillips Orlando Performing Arts Center [Phase 2 Under Construction]

bic

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting to ponder if, when the Frederick administration adopted that ordinance in the 1980's to fight the tedium of flat-topped international style buildings and encourage architectural variation, they had any idea that the response would be this lowest common denominator comedy of errors atop our most notable structures.

Talk about the Law of Unintended Consequences...

Edited by spenser1058
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be happy if they just get the exterior finished soon, with the visor completed across the front so at least it would look symmetrical from Orange Ave rather than lop-sided as it has been.

Take as long as they need to on the inside as it's doubtful I'll be spending any time in there anyway.

1 minute ago, JFW657 said:

I'd be happy if they just get the exterior finished soon, with the visor completed across the front so at least it would look symmetrical from Orange Ave rather than lop-sided as it has been.

Take as long as they need to on the inside as it's doubtful I'll be spending any time in there anyway.

Not going with me to the Phil, JFW?

Article in Sentinel today about the theater. They have some video too if you are not paywalled. 

The article says it has one of the most advanced acoustical designs in the world with the highest (or lowest?) ambient noise rating of NC-1. Should be an awesome place to catch a musical performance!  I hope they bring in some other types of popular concert acts as well. 

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/os-et-dr-phillips-center-third-theater-steinmetz-hall-20180614-story.html#

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 3