Dr. P Phillips Orlando Performing Arts Center [Phase 2 Under Construction]

bic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd eliminate the pavilion thing immediately. It's non symmetrical to the plot and surroundings. Will only be used once in a blue moon for a free WMMO concert and all other times will be a gathering spot for Bums to charge their phones. It will stand out like a sore thumb always closed and limit the space to always have to position events around it. I don't like it.

• Like 1

I like the pavilion - hopefully it'll remain open during non-events to encourage lingering in the plaza.  It also creates a diversion for the space and multi-use opportunities.  When completed I don't think it'll "stand out" in a negative way.

I agree, it reminds me very much of the Sail Inn pavilion in downtown Tampa right next to the convention center. Even when there are no events the bar is open and can be a gathering place for local residents and a place to stop and grab a drink when taking a walk or going for a run. On event nights like a Tampa Bay Lightning game or a convention the place will be packed, I could see this pavilion being much more successful and a great pre game spot for games and events at Amway or DPAC. With Aloft going up on the other corner and with their planned outside patio bar and restaurant this will be a good addition to the area.

What is a "counter-flow" lane?

The counter-flow lane is the eastbound lane that they used to have on South Street going to Magnolia.  On the MPB report, you can see the counter-flow lane on the original plaza area approval and you can see that it's gone on this newest proposal.  There is a westbound counter-flow lane on Anderson Street that they were smart enough to keep.

The counter-flow lane is the eastbound lane that they used to have on South Street going to Magnolia.  On the MPB report, you can see the counter-flow lane on the original plaza area approval and you can see that it's gone on this newest proposal.  There is a westbound counter-flow lane on Anderson Street that they were smart enough to keep.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I've always assumed that lane on Anderson would be used for the Lymmo expansion. Is that the case?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...