Dr. P Phillips Orlando Performing Arts Center [Phase 2 Under Construction]

bic

Honestly, I don't get the hate for this place.  Other than the DPAC naming problems!  :-)

But seriously, people are up in arms about a national treasure non-descript round 70s building with a concrete lattice and hate this with the power of a thousands suns.

I know, I know... the architect was a big deal in his genre.  That doesn't make that building any less weird and 70s, especially with the added floors.

Orlando arts center, city setting stage for future hotel

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2014/10/orlando-arts-center-city-setting-stage-for-future.html

What hotel would you like to see there?

For that small lot, I would like it to be Westin. But on the other hand, I would rather see a huge Westin at some other lots. A Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood would be nice but that will never happend.

Can they just develop it themselves like Alfond Inn and keep the money?

It is just temporary setting.

For the buildings on both side of the art plaza, I hope they do not close it in like Chase Plaza, and will actually take into consideration of activating the street interaction with South Street. Grand Bohemian already closed this side of the street off with a wall of blah. If Grand Bohemian would considering opening the restaurant to the street level, it will be great.

Also, I would like to point out that XYZ lounge need to change those black out windows and maybe invest in some sliding door to open the bar area up. You cant even see there is activities going on in there when you drive by. Without the visibility, it doesn't encourage people to go there. And the grand bohemian restaurant should be more like LUMA.

It's actually on the other side of Anderson at the southeast corner of orange and Anderson. I was curious so I walked over that way with the dog the other day. There's currently a sign on the surface parking lot that's there now advertising the building.