Buchanan Office Park Donelson Area

smeagolsfree

Sorry I have not been too active as of late. I am in a lot of pain with a neck injury. Very hard to be a the computer for any length of time at all.

I found this in the NBJ this week.

Matthews group planning a 2.7 million sq ft office park in Donelson. This is compared to 5 million for May-town center.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville.../25/story1.html

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wowizers...that's pretty big. Hopefully, this could have the same effect as May Center. That is, draw in corporations who are looking to relocate in a campus type space.

Sounds pretty good! Maybe I should hang onto my townhouse in a quiet little spot south of I-40 from this development. Our property values have not increased in this part of town as much as other "trendy" areas.....maybe we are due a little bit of an adjustment now, eh?

^^^ Definitely sounds like it could boost the area. With Mt. Juliet to the west and all the development there, the Opry conglomeration in the area, several existing business parks, improvement of Briley, and a recently proposed condo tower nearby, I think this area could definitely see some improvement in the future. The only negative I see is noise pollution from the airport, but if you like planes then it could be a plus :).

• 2 years later...

Buchanan Point is a new office complex to be built in Donelson, near the airport.. supposed to break ground today I think. Developed by The Mathews Company.

This is about 1/3 of the size of May Town Center, in an already developed area of town.

* 180 acres of potential development

* Its boundaries are defined by Interstate 40 to the south, Elm Hill Pike to the west and McCrory Creek Road to the north and east

* Potential to hold 2.7 million square feet of office and mixed-use space

http://www.bizjourna...in-touting.html

This ought to prove to be an interesting discussion. I wonder if this would constitute as a suburban office park, part of downtown, or at least considered an urban development.? Seven miles from downtown and one mile from the airport. Can we say "hotel construction?" How will this affect the convention center business? In any regards, is this another project that is a slap in the face of downtown? Are we to a point now where downtown is going to be the cultural and entertainment area and offices are going to continue to be built away form the cities core?

Is this also the nail in the coffin of May Town Center? There are no issues with rural land management and watershed issues. There are no wildlife issues. There are no agricultural interests. This seems like a cut and dry urban land project that would greatly revitalize and area with many blighted areas.

Thanks to JICE for posting this information.

BR86

• 1 month later...

It is hard to find much information about this project on the internet. It seems that there is a new road running the length of the rectangular site parallel to the interstate 40. It appears there is a proposed Harding extension over I40 for the project shown on the planning drawings- with access off stewards ferry pike and elm hill pike. There are various office building sites on both sides of the new central boulevard. The 2.7 million sq feet proposed would make this one of nashville's largest recently proposed office building development. And a central area designated as120K of retail. Being near the airport will be good for attracting some businesses and will discourage others.

It is hard to find much information about this project on the internet. It seems that there is a new road running the length of the rectangular site parallel to the interstate 40. THey are proposing a new interstate interchange at I40 for an exit at Harding and a proposed Harding overpass over I40 for the project shown on the planning drawings, a new major entrance into the development with access off stewards ferry pike and elm hill pike. Perhaps the primary entrance to the development is off of the new interstate exit at harding. There are 13 office building sites on both sides of the new central boulevard. Each of the development sites is then subdivided in the future into a series of smaller office buildings surrounded by parking lots. The 2.7 million sq feet proposed would make this one of nashville's largest recently proposed office building developments. And a central area designated as 120K of retail. Being near the airport will be good for attracting some businesses and will discourage others. info from priminary sp request dated sept 8 2009

• 10 months later...

This was another article from Channel 5 last year.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=13370103

Looks as if it is now on bid clerk too.

close-icon-green.gif 1759357 Nashville, TN Office, Retail 11/08/2011 Description

Site work and new construction of a mixed-use development in Nashville. Design plans call for the construction of mixed-use complex which will include office and retail space on a 129.14-acre parcel. General contractor bidding is expected to start...Click here for complete Project Details

Cant say I am happy about this project with all of the office space announced dowtntown, but if built then the offices would not go to Williamson county.

• 7 months later...

ID: 1389747Project Name: Click here to view the name of this project.

Project Address: Nashville, TNEst. Start Date: June 2013Bid Date:

Project Type:

New Construction

Site WorkBuilding Use:

Office

Restaurant

Retail

Warehouse / DistributionEstimated

Value*:$350,000,000

Sector:

PrivateStatus:

Pre-Construction/Negotiated

Description:

Site work and new construction of a commercial development in Nashville. Working drawings call for...(see full description)

Anybody know what project this is? Seem like an awful lot of money.

This is good as it will compete with CS and hopefully draw business to Nashville for those not wanting to be DT. I know we all want everything DT, but this happens. Think of it as a mini-Buckhead or Midtown (ATL). Although, it would have been nice to have the Bridgestone tower DT!!

Archived