BOA Data Center

The Voice of Reason

http://www.courant.com/business/realestate...0,3794517.story

630 workers have left the datacenter north of Crowne plaza for East Hartford.

The article paints this as a bad thing, mainly for the Goodyear across the street. But the jobs are still in the area(1 mile away), and the revenues lost by that guy will be made up by another guy.

I hope the place can snag some of those TD bank jobs I want so much

here are some quotes

"

The bank invested about $30 million in Founders Plaza, qualifying it for state tax incentives. The move to East Hartford, about a mile away, was completed by the end of May, Nastacie said

"

"

Bank of America says it had to transfer employees to Founders Plaza in East Hartford because its lease at 150 Windsor St. was expiring. The bank decided to consolidate all its data processing employees in one location, and it already had 160 workers at Founders Plaza.

The bank invested about $30 million in Founders Plaza, qualifying it for state tax incentives. The move to East Hartford, about a mile away, was completed by the end of May, Nastacie said

"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beerbeer, I am sorry man, but I am going to call you out on this one.

This data center is further away from "downtown" than founders plaza is.

these jobs were not "lost" just reconfigured.

With founders plaza building a 121 room hotel right now, and these jobs moving over there, the city is more than likely improving rather than devolving. look at a satalite map. The workers here were very unlikely to walk 3 blocks to downtown. now they walk 4 blocks, but a safer 4 blocks. I call it a push.

and if the land lord can attract a new bank to the area it is a winner!

I am not sure what does the grand jury investigation of a concilwoman got to do with jobs that are lost during Perez's watch. And I agree with the other, East Hartford's gain is city of Hartford's lost. Not necessary to downtown Hartford's pedestrian traffic count which I doubt if many will venture to downtown from their original site or from their new East Hartford site, but to the valuable tax base that the city can ill afford to lose.

Give me a break. This has nothing to do with Perez. It's a greedy bank's move to consolidate. I doubt Perez was asked or was able to do a thing to change this. If you want to blame someone, watch how quickly Governor Rell moves when there is a traffic accident in the suburb, but side-steps any urban problem to let the mayors and their limited resources take the blame. Pathetic.

Archived