Hospitals

scottb411

• 4 weeks later...

Would someone with premium access share the details of this article?     Florida Hospital’s $270M in women’s projects to add 1,700 jobs   http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/print-edition/2013/01/04/florida-hospitals-270m-in-womens.html
Try this: http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/print-edition/2013/01/04/florida-hospitals-270m-in-womens.html

Here is the article c&p for you Sponsored Links Mortgage Rates hit 2.13% $150K Mortgage $581/mo. 2.35%APR. Quickly Compare Top Online Mortgage Rates! refinance.LendGo.com Learn Affiliate Marketing Get Your Internet Marketing Degree Online at Full Sail University! www.FullSail.com 2.5% Mortgage Refinance $225K Mortgage $889mo. 2.53% APR. Get a Free Quote & Start Saving Now! www.LendGo.com Sponsored Links Mortgage Rates hit 2.13% $150K Mortgage $581/mo. 2.35%APR. Quickly Compare Top Online Mortgage Rates! refinance.LendGo.com Internet Marketing Degree Learn SEO, PPC, PR, Email and Mobile Marketing. Free info. www.FullSail.com Get Listed Here Abraham Aboraya Reporter- Orlando Business Journal Email {sodEmoji.|} Twitter Abraham Aboraya covers health care, higher education and technology. He generally thinks women are awesome and married one. Contact: [email protected]; (407) 241-2895; @AbeAborayaOBJ Here’s what we already knew: Florida Hospital is planning $270 million in women’s health services, including a new patient tower at the Orlando campus that will break ground Jan. 9; an 80,000-square-foot, four-story women’s health building at Celebration Health; and a two-story, 22,090-square-foot Women’s Health Pavilion at Winter Park Memorial Hospital. That’s so 2012. Here’s what you didn’t know: • Florida Hospital is breaking ground on its women’s tower — the only one of the three women’s projects to have beds — Jan. 9. The ceremony is from 9-10:30 a.m. at Florida Hospital Orlando. • The first phase will be a seven-story, $165 million women’s tower. Eventually, the tower will be 12 stories tall and cost $210 million to build and outfit. • The tower will have 332 beds when finished, and three floors with 108 beds will be kept as shell space. The first phase, which is scheduled to be open to patients in 2015, will have 14 labor and delivery suites, 72 beds of postpartum care, mother-baby and high-risk beds. Eventually, there will be 80 neonatal intensive care units. • Services lines will include labor and delivery and high-risk pregnancy, and will focus on pregnancy care, obstetrics, maternal fetal medicine, infertility treatment, parent education, primary care, breast care, cardiology and wellness care. • The projects will put 850 construction workers back on the job at its peak, and 1,700 full-time jobs will be created with the three projects. “The largest [portion of jobs] will be at the women’s hospital,” said Kari Vargas, assistant vice president of Florida Hospital Orlando Women’s Services. • The tower will have 13 operating rooms for obstetrics and women’s services with the capability to fit daVinci robots for robotic and minimally invasive surgery. • A mobile health coach will be debuted Jan. 9, designed to bring preventive services to women at their workplace and at home, that will include a “doc in a box,” said Marla Silliman, senior vice president of Florida Hospital, as well as the following services: mammography, ultrasound, DEXA scan, electrocardiogram, body mass index and skin analysis. The coach also will include spa services, such as massage and manicures. “I think we’re very conscious that women are the thought leaders for health care, and we want to listen to them,” Silliman said. But will it be a hospital-hotel hybrid, with amenities spilling out into the corridors? Not likely, said David Banks, administrator of Florida Hospital Orlando. The rooms will have what focus groups identified as important: privacy, and some environmental amenities, for example. “They’re not looking to be in a fancy hotel,” Banks said. “You try to find the things that are meaningful and stay away from the things that are fluffy.” By the numbers Kaiser Health News released a nationwide analysis of the Medicare cuts hospitals will take in 2013. All nine Central Florida hospitals will take a cut:$11.5M: estimated financial impact of cuts to Central Florida hospitals based on net 2011 Medicare inpatient revenue -1.38%: Leesburg Regional Medical Center’s cut — the biggest in Florida +0.68%: West Kendall Baptist Hospital’s bonus in 2013, the biggest in the state Source: Kaiser Health News Covers health care, higher education, nonprofits Industries: Health Care

Here's a video rendering of the Florida Hospital campus through construction of the Women's pavillion.  It might not be new, but I hadn't seen it before.   vimeo.com/46445407 - (I removed the link because Vimeo was throwing up an error - just cut and paste.)

new Winnie Palmer Center for Women’s Health

There was also a piece in OBJ this morning about an expansion to Womens' services at Orlando Health.  It sounds to me like an outpatient center.

"The opening date and location of the new center is still unknown, as are building specifics."

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/morning_call/2013/01/orlando-health-announces-plans-for-new.html?ana=e_orl_rdup&s=newsletter&ed=2013-01-15

Winnie-Palmer-women%27s-health-rendering

Edited by smileguy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks the photos! I live in Downtown South and see it daily but never really have a chance to sit and look at it because of the location.

A few thoughts -

- Was surprised to see that window blinds look as the centerpiece on the ER expansion siding. Was hoping for something more iconic.

- This hospital is such a beast on Orange. Not as bad as a stadium or landfill but what a wall of nothingness on the street scape. Night and day between Lucerne to Kaley and Kaley to Michigan. I know they will do great things around the train station but its a shame there aren't some better options facing Orange

- I wonder what the holdup is with the Hampton Inn on Columbia near the Walgreens? Still just a fenced off dirt pile.

Sorry for the negativity in this post! The hospital is a nice sugar daddy for the area.

what is the height of this Hampton Inn?

This is not where the doc restaurant is..correct?

What happended to that one?

Part of it, at least, looks to be six stories. IDK if the building behind it in the rendering is part of it or not.

It is located about a block west of Orange on Columbia.

Just like all the rest of the buildings going up at OH, too far off of Orange to have any real visual impact.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

1457416341_LakeMaryupdate.jpg.f2d21f1e20818443a2a75050518c418b.jpg

210080207_LakeMaryED.thumb.jpg.83f9d96ab404d5601dc31af656d8490a.jpglakemaryed2.jpg.1d0e8809218ccebc457b3036cfde5d97.jpg

Here's a brief summary, ICYMI:

The ER (Phase I) includes 24 treatment rooms, plus a lab, imaging department, ambulance bays and helipad. The MOB includes an ambulatory surgery center, outpatient imaging, outpatient laboratory services and retail pharmacy (ETA: December). Phase II includes plans for a hospital and other health and wellness concepts. [GMap]

The land surrounding the OH Lake Mary campus is owned by New Century Development and is envisioned to become a "live/work community, with assisted-living and memory-care facilities plus the apartment/housing and other components".

• Like 1

They've put a 3-4 story building up west of the Hampton Inn on Columbia (looks the shape of another budget-ish hotel, but I'm not sure what it is), and the hotel conversion across from the hospital on Orange is nearing completion - at least they finally have a "Delaney Tavern sign on the restaurant/bar section.  

I expect there will be another taller (10-12 story) patient tower on the campus within the next 5 years.  They have to deal with some parking issues first

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2019 at 10:18 PM, Universe_Explorer said:

They've put a 3-4 story building up west of the Hampton Inn on Columbia (looks the shape of another budget-ish hotel, but I'm not sure what it is), and the hotel conversion across from the hospital on Orange is nearing completion - at least they finally have a "Delaney Tavern sign on the restaurant/bar section.  

I expect there will be another taller (10-12 story) patient tower on the campus within the next 5 years.  They have to deal with some parking issues first

It looks like everything with the NID (Division St. and northern gateway improvements) and Opportunity Zone status of the neighborhood, plus OH's growth, and the Pulse museum and memorial will spell major growth for the neighborhood. City has been saying a projected. $1.5 billion in development over the next 10-15 years.  Let's see how long the recession holds.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, smileguy said:

It looks like everything with the NID (Division St. and northern gateway improvements) and Opportunity Zone status of the neighborhood, plus OH's growth, and the Pulse museum and memorial will spell major growth for the neighborhood. City has been saying a projected. $1.5 billion in development over the next 10-15 years.  Let's see how long the recession holds.

I bought my first home in the SODO area in 2010 in anticipation of future development, but I can honestly say that SODO's growth has far exceeded my expectations in such a short period of time. I have no idea what an additional $1.5B in development would look like, but it will certainly be amazing to witness.

• Like 1