Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheGerbil

Good news for local film industry

5 posts in this topic

http://post-gazette.com/pg/08241/907558-60.stm

A new 300,000 square foot production facility is being developed in the Strip, in an abandoned factory. This will be the largest facility in the area and include sound stages, production offices, and post-production space.

I'm thrilled by this news. It can only help to attract more film makers to the area, and will make things much easier for them. It's also a nice use for an old abandoned structure in a redevloping neighborhood.

more good news... three big Hollywood pictures coming to PGH soon... one with Denzel Washington... one with Jake Gyllenhall and Anne Hathaway... and another one with Russell Crowe!

I recently watched "Mysteries Of Pittsburgh", not as horrible as has been written about. Pittsburgh really had a small role in the film. I didn't recognize much other than the scene at Point State Park.

Watched "Bridge to Nowhere". Once again, not a terrible movie. This one does contain many more shots of downtown and the North Side. It's a gritty story, so a lot of it takes place in less attractive neighborhoods. If anyone has seen it, does that house that the main character buys really exist. Beautiful views and very modern architecture.

I don't really expect any responses on here anymore, but I did watch "Adventureland" filmed mainly at Kennywood. Movie is all right. The park was made to look kind of run down. Had some views from up top, down into the vally.