Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tombarnes

Marine Stadium, Miami

3 posts in this topic

Marine Stadium May Be Granted Landmark Status

Cuban architect Hilario Candela's modernist landmark, the Miami Marine Stadium could possibly receive landmmark status this fall if all goes as planned. Once that has ben decided, perhaps a use can be found for the building which is now covered with graffiti. The building is distinctive and deserves protection. I hope that a solution can be found.

Preservation Magazine

Marine Stadium May Be Granted Landmark Status

Cuban architect Hilario Candela's modernist landmark, the Miami Marine Stadium could possibly receive landmmark status this fall if all goes as planned. Once that has ben decided, perhaps a use can be found for the building which is now covered with graffiti. The building is distinctive and deserves protection. I hope that a solution can be found.

Preservation Magazine

I agree. If the site were cleaned up and put to positive use, Miamians could enjoy this structure again.

The City of Miami claimed Hurricane Andrew damaged the structure and ceased proper maintenance in 1992. A similar fate hit the Miami (Baseball) Stadium, which has even more architectural and historical significance. Hopefully the beautiful scenery of the site, with downtown as a backdrop will save the stadium.