Heard It Through The Grapevine

LIT uPP

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
I agree about the delay, that's probably true.

Did you read today's article about the issue with Alltel's bond debt and issues with refinance? That likely has as much to do with it as Verizon's ability to sell off the pieces the FCC won't allow them to keep.

The company that's bring the jobs, I think it's RDW, and the other's a supplier will bring 800 jobs with plans for eventual expansion.

The most interesting thing is that LR native Gen Wesley Clark sits on their board of directors and played a big role in getting the company to locate in LR.

• 2 months later...

Patrick Henry Hays has NLR as one of the two finalists for a construction equipment vehicle manufacturing facility at the old Deluxe Video site off of I-440 that would initially employ 500. It's not considered a "superproject" because less than $500 mil will be spent but it's a major project nonetheless.

Meanwhile LR-NLR ticks along at 4.0% unemployment vs 6.7% for the nation, a bigger gap than I ever remember for the region.

I guess this is as good a place as any to post this comment, but....I imagine that postings regarding new developments/economic activity will prove to be few and far between over the next 18 months, unfortunately. And in fact, probably the most "excitable" topics will involve negative news, closings, etc.

Ugh.

I guess this is as good a place as any to post this comment, but....I imagine that postings regarding new developments/economic activity will prove to be few and far between over the next 18 months, unfortunately. And in fact, probably the most "excitable" topics will involve negative news, closings, etc.

Ugh.

Southwestern Energy is building a $25 mil regional HQs in Conway that will initially employ 200-250 and ultimately as many as 450. It will be located at the Village at Hendrix and most workers will be imported as they will need engineers, geologists, etc that aren't readily available in Arkansas.

Southwestern Energy is building a $25 mil regional HQs in Conway that will initially employ 200-250 and ultimately as many as 450. It will be located at the Village at Hendrix and most workers will be imported as they will need engineers, geologists, etc that aren't readily available in Arkansas.

• 3 weeks later...
Patrick Henry Hays has NLR as one of the two finalists for a construction equipment vehicle manufacturing facility at the old Deluxe Video site off of I-440 that would initially employ 500. It's not considered a "superproject" because less than $500 mil will be spent but it's a major project nonetheless.

Meanwhile LR-NLR ticks along at 4.0% unemployment vs 6.7% for the nation, a bigger gap than I ever remember for the region.

• 1 month later...

Archived