PHOTOS: My first Providence photos...

Garris

Hi all,

Since recently moving to Providence, I've spent a couple of hours here and there trying out my amateur photo skills on the city. The lighting was bad for many of these shots, etc, etc, etc, but this was mostly a test of angles, positioning, and getting a "feel" for the city so when the weather is perfect, I'll be able to nail some shots. These are mostly from Prospect Terrace and from a short walk in the Downcity area.

I welcome feedback. Let me know if things don't work on the link, especially since Shutterfly never works for me since I use Opera. Thanks!

Garris

LINK: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/v...Fi5bNXbA&open=1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wicked Awesome! The sunset shots from Prospect are brilliant!

Thanks for posting these!

I'm gonna slide this thread into the main photo section for a while so everyone has a chance to see it.

• 8 months later...

Garris,

These are some incredible shots.  It was a pleasure to see your work.  You have a great eye for urban landscapes.  I particularly liked the Weybosset streetscape.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks... Those were some of my first shots... I'll be reposting many of these later in the Providence Photo of the Day Thread...

- Garris

• 1 year later...

hey, I have been lurking for about 2 months, but I thought I would post some pictures, hopefully you enjoy.

picture of the beach @ Conimicut Point in Warwick

DSC_3396-pp.jpg

Some pictures taken at Beavertail in Jamestown

DSC_4303.JPG

DSC_4377.JPG

DSC_4298.JPG

DSC_4223.JPG

Newport Bridge from Jamestown

DSC_4404.JPG

Random on Benefit St. with the sepia =/

IMGP0310.JPG

State House

IMGP0460.JPG

Jamestown Bridge Explosion, from the marshes ( I have about 75 pictures of the explosion so if you would like to see more let me know)

IMGP0585.JPG

IMGP0587.JPG

IMGP0589.JPG

IMGP0595.JPG

Once again, Hopefully you enjoy, all these pictures were taken with either my Nikon D70s D-SLR, or Pentax *ist DL D-SLR. Feedback is welcomed and recommended.

Wonderful photos! I love the fog with the bridge. Your composition and balance is fantastic. You let the sky be as much a focus of the photo as the capital, which is great.

The only suggestions I'd give are for the fourth and fifth photos. Water, shore, and sky are hard to photograph, and no matter how great they look to our eye, they tend to die on film unless there is another topic, like a more proximal object in the foreground (like the fence in the first photo).

Would you happen to know what lenses/magnification/mm you were using for the shots of the fences in the first and third photos? I'd be curious to know.

- Garris

for the first photo I was using the Nikon with Nikkor AI-S 50mm/1.2 aperture, and the second photo was used with Pentax, and I was using a SMCP-FA 35mm/2 aperture lens. I checked out your site, a lot of awesome photos, but I was wondering the photos where you aren't on the ground where are you taking them from, and is permission needed?

thanks, as much as conimicut is a crapty place, I have taken quite a few good pictures, and if you like bridge photos, I have a bunch of sunrise photos of newport bridge and the jamestown bridge, that you would really like. I'll get on posting them later and i think you will enjoy.

and if you like bridge photos, I have a bunch of sunrise photos of newport bridge and the jamestown bridge, that you would really like. I'll get on posting them later and i think you will enjoy.

Feel free to start a new thread for them.

Archived