Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lauderdale75

Name that location

26 posts in this topic

Can you name the location this photo was taken. There's an extensive remodel project taking place somewhere in Orlando and this weekend the contractors removed the facade from the existing building to reveal this old signage.

2824176227_d74726d228_o.jpg

Can you name the location this photo was taken. There's an extensive remodel project taking place somewhere in Orlando and this weekend the contractors removed the facade from the existing building to reveal this old signage.

2824176227_d74726d228_o.jpg

Bill Bryan Fiat was for many years at the corner of 17-92 and Lee Rd (I think there's a Hyundai dealer there now - may even still be Bill Bryan). I had my Spider serviced there for many years. If his Fiat dealership was at another location prior to that, I don't recall it.

so... whre do we have an improved traffic signal post with 4-5 story condos with a sloped roof off to the left? I'm drawing a blank.

Bill Bryan Fiat was for many years at the corner of 17-92 and Lee Rd (I think there's a Hyundai dealer there now - may even still be Bill Bryan). I had my Spider serviced there for many years. If his Fiat dealership was at another location prior to that, I don't recall it.

So far as I remember, the only two parts of town that streetscaped palms so close to the street were Orange Ave downtown and over in WP (Orange Avenue - maybe Fairbanks?). If that was in downtown Orlando, I think I'd know about it. They're updating the streetscape on Orange in WP (that looks like new pavement and they are repaving that whole area), so maybe along in there somewhere?

It also appears that it is a four lane one way street from the striping.

Winner !

Here's what the building looked like before the renovations were commenced:

(Sorry only have a Google Street View photo available)

2824854839_5c43926f8c_o.jpg

Wasn't that most recently a short lived night club / bar and the Covenant House just prior?

i've been staring at that building all week and couldn't for the life of me recall what it looked like before the strip. thanks for the google map image!

I believe it was a nightclub in its latest life and an outpost of the Covenant House prior thereto as Bulldogger pointed out.

The latest incarnation of the site will be a personal training/fitness gym, according to the building permit.

Considering the office and apartment buildings in the vicinity, that may be a good place.

Considering the office and apartment buildings in the vicinity, that may be a good place.

Since I won the last one, I get to do the next picutre. So guess away...

post-963-1231281934_thumb.jpg

post-963-1231281934_thumb.jpg

Well since the sign says Lake Baldwin Conservation Area, I'll go with that...

It's where the path around lake Baldwin ends, not far from the old VA hospital and Fleet Peeples Dog Park..

I drove past this Fitness Center and they did a great job renovating the exerior, sorry I don't have pictures.