lot besides watson's?

satalac

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. I live off Old Hickory not far from there. There is a sign at the top of the hill at the entrance to Watsons offering that land for sale also. It says for hotel or retail on the sign. I thought something was going to be built there too. They did a lot of earth moving and did some walls around the creek that flows through the property. It seemed like a lot of work to just let it sit.

That other area behind Watson's also puzzles me. Why would you spend so much money on clearing land if there were no real plans for the property. Why not leave it tree covered until some one decided to develope it. I reread the sign this morning. It says zoned indutrial and potential retail.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps, I'm seeing it in a different light, but I see commerce on a grand scale. Distribution is a large part of our economy. Maybe they're not as attractive as a condo downtown, but probably more viable given the state of the economy. I never once have looked at these places as ugly, but as part of an active, growing and important transportation center. The centers are well-landscaped, well-kept, employ literally thousands and provide practically everything we need to function. Maybe skin deep beauty is quite overrated. Even the most attractive of beings looks a bit oozy on the inside...just try to function without the ooze. Bring 'em on.

Perhaps, I'm seeing it in a different light, but I see commerce on a grand scale. Distribution is a large part of our economy. Maybe they're not as attractive as a condo downtown, but probably more viable given the state of the economy. I never once have looked at these places as ugly, but as part of an active, growing and important transportation center. The centers are well-landscaped, well-kept, employ literally thousands and provide practically everything we need to function. Maybe skin deep beauty is quite overrated. Even the most attractive of beings looks a bit oozy on the inside...just try to function without the ooze. Bring 'em on.

Remember that interchange city in LaVergne is not all in LaVernge but part of Davidson as well. I think they are needed and Nashville's or rather the MD TN area is the perfect location for distribution. It is a huge part of the economy for sure but even it, is diversified. I think you will probably see more warehousing in the near future and the corridor along 840 will have a lot of that type of business.

Remember that interchange city in LaVergne is not all in LaVernge but part of Davidson as well. I think they are needed and Nashville's or rather the MD TN area is the perfect location for distribution. It is a huge part of the economy for sure but even it, is diversified. I think you will probably see more warehousing in the near future and the corridor along 840 will have a lot of that type of business.

I agree to a certain extent, but the regional economic development board is touting this area as warehouse city. If you have a city what is as important as a tax base is jobs for your citizens. I think it is diversified because the eggs are actually in many baskets because you have dozens of employers and they all will not go under at the same time.

Where I am from in Kingsport, the eggs are mostly in one basket. Eastman Chemical has 10,000 employees at the plant. If it goes under the city dies, and most of the regional economy is devastated.

I agree to a certain extent, but the regional economic development board is touting this area as warehouse city. If you have a city what is as important as a tax base is jobs for your citizens. I think it is diversified because the eggs are actually in many baskets because you have dozens of employers and they all will not go under at the same time.

Where I am from in Kingsport, the eggs are mostly in one basket. Eastman Chemical has 10,000 employees at the plant. If it goes under the city dies, and most of the regional economy is devastated.

• 9 months later...

I drive by the large excavation project behind Watson's (Family Leisure) every day and noticed that there is one of those portable office's on the property now with a fence around it. Work continues on leveling this lot and they are moving closer to Watson's. Has anyone heard of any plans for this? It still seems like a lot of work given the present economy and the empty warehouses in that area.

I drive by the large excavation project behind Watson's (Family Leisure) every day and noticed that there is one of those portable office's on the property now with a fence around it. Work continues on leveling this lot and they are moving closer to Watson's. Has anyone heard of any plans for this? It still seems like a lot of work given the present economy and the empty warehouses in that area.

Archived