no, I am not a male Pig,

The Voice of Reason

I have noticed quite a lot of good looking women downtown lately.

Head turners. I mean I have been very suprised. I would even call a few of them Bombshells(capable of stopping traffic).

There have always been the occasional black or latino woman dressed like a hoochie walking through town, and likely more than occasional. Without those lovely ladies I would have been worried about what is in the water around here. But recently, I have seen more and more professionally dressed stunners, or even classily dressed ladies of all ethnicities. I have even seen cocktail dresses athleticly dressed and joggers that made me tuen my head.

This is not a seasonal thing. It has definately been in the last 2 weeks or so.

I have not changed my habits either. I walk the same placed, drive the same places. I am also happier than ever in my relationship, so it is definately external of my mind.

so I ask... Is Hartford getting "younger" is Hartford getting more attractive?

because man, my first impression (the last 2 years) was that Hartford suffers in the loooks catagory.

and yes I likely judge looks a little harshly, I was a lifeguard for 10 years and became totally desensitized to beauty. So, for my attention to be gotten, it needs to be something special.

I hope this post does not offend anyone, I am not calling anyone here or anyone they know ugly.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have noticed quite a lot of good looking women downtown lately.

Head turners. I mean I have been very suprised. I would even call a few of them Bombshells(capable of stopping traffic).

There have always been the occasional black or latino woman dressed like a hoochie walking through town, and likely more than occasional. Without those lovely ladies I would have been worried about what is in the water around here. But recently, I have seen more and more professionally dressed stunners, or even classily dressed ladies of all ethnicities. I have even seen cocktail dresses athleticly dressed and joggers that made me tuen my head.

This is not a seasonal thing. It has definately been in the last 2 weeks or so.

I have not changed my habits either. I walk the same placed, drive the same places. I am also happier than ever in my relationship, so it is definately external of my mind.

so I ask... Is Hartford getting "younger" is Hartford getting more attractive?

because man, my first impression (the last 2 years) was that Hartford suffers in the loooks catagory.

and yes I likely judge looks a little harshly, I was a lifeguard for 10 years and became totally desensitized to beauty. So, for my attention to be gotten, it needs to be something special.

I hope this post does not offend anyone, I am not calling anyone here or anyone they know ugly.

I've been working in the CBD for five years. The difference from five years ago is night and day regarding the average age of people walking around during the day. Also there are a lot more people in general. I honestly find it strange that with so many people walking around in various age groups, there is less retail today.

Five years ago (2003) when I started there was TJ Maxx, J. Silver's, Foxmoor, UConn Co-op II, Lerner's, Radio Shack, Tuesday's, GNC, Record Express, Lux Bond & Green, Motofoto, Abe's, Buck a Book, Arthur's and Beckers (just from the top of my head) all gone now.

Archived