Parking garages downtown

nomonstersinme

Hey Guys

I am thinking about moving into one of the lofts above the Strand, but my major concern is getting monthly parking at one of the parking garages nearby. I am worried about my car being broken into and I am worried about coming home late.

Does anyone have any experiences parking near here that they can share?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Guys

I am thinking about moving into one of the lofts above the Strand, but my major concern is getting monthly parking at one of the parking garages nearby. I am worried about my car being broken into and I am worried about coming home late.

Does anyone have any experiences parking near here that they can share?

I've never felt unsafe at any of the parking garages downtown, and this includes odd hours and odd places in the garages using them to photograph the skyline and streets. Some of the garages are video monitored as well.

Actually, more often than not, an attendent would come find me to ask why I was photographing from the garages, so I think you'd be well off parking there...

Through work I deal with the Outlet Garage on Pine Street. In the 3 years I've been working with them, we've never had an issue inside the garage. There was an incident in the Civic Center Garage about 6 months ago I think, someone was beat with a baseball bat, but that is really a rare (and unfortunate) occurrence and very far from the norm.

The worst you're likely to find in Downcity garages is bums peeing and college students (mostly J&W) smoking pot.

I actually find that the streets of the East Side are more dangerous than any areas Downcity. Most violence Downcity is not random.

Archived