Break-in in Broad Daylight!

HopeGardensGuy

Well, you hate to call out your own neighborhood, but... crime in Hope Gardens.

One of my neighbors had their front door kicked in a couple of days ago. Middle of the day. One of the residents walked in shortly after it must've happened. Two guys, described as black male teens, where going through the place. He ran out and called the police, luckily not getting hurt. They came quickly and spotted the guys up near the Kroger's on Monroe. Unfortunately, they lost them as they ran into the projects next door.

The police were NOT very sympathetic - "you live in this neighborhood, what do you expect? Get a gun!"

I haven't seen it reported in the paper, but I thought they usually write up police calls.

Oh well - crap happens!

HopeGardenGuys

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... how scary would that be to walk into! I can't believe the police sometimes... thats just silly.

But, i must say... my car was broken into in the middle of the night outside my apt building downtown.. and the police that came the next morning were extremely nice and helpful... they seemed to take the time to actually care about what happened, and provided me with helpful advice on what to do next, and how to prevent it in the future. I guess it just depends on which officers you get.

Come on guys. The police are not there to protect you. Only one person can protect you. That person is YOU! It is said: "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

They can't be in all places at all times. Most of the time, they just take the report. If more responsible citizens carried weapons, these criminal thugs would think twice about doing the crime.

If anyone wants advice on how to obtain a TN handgun permit, just shoot me an e-mail and I can steer you in the right direction.

Come on guys. The police are not there to protect you. Only one person can protect you. That person is YOU! It is said: "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

They can't be in all places at all times. Most of the time, they just take the report. If more responsible citizens carried weapons, these criminal thugs would think twice about doing the crime.

If anyone wants advice on how to obtain a TN handgun permit, just shoot me an e-mail and I can steer you in the right direction.

Archived