UConn Football

HartfordTycoon

It was great. If UConn keeps it up, the football program can do more to raise the profile of our state than Basketball has. I love it. I also love how we are still getting no respect and are not on anyone's radar. All the better to sneak up on the competition and destroy them! We have some weapons now and some are very young. This bodes very well for our program.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was great. If UConn keeps it up, the football program can do more to raise the profile of our state than Basketball has. I love it. I also love how we are still getting no respect and are not on anyone's radar. All the better to sneak up on the competition and destroy them! We have some weapons now and some are very young. This bodes very well for our program.

• 2 weeks later...

Huskies had a great win on the road at Louisville with a great come from behind performance. They are now 5-0 for the second straight year and have broken into the top 25 for the second year. This program is growing amazingly fast. Connecticut is the premium sports school in the Northeast, period. Football will solidify it. This is great for the State of Connecticut. I have my fingers crossed that we make it to a BCS Bowl this year or if not, a quality Bowl game with a quality opponent.

Huskies had a great win on the road at Louisville with a great come from behind performance. They are now 5-0 for the second straight year and have broken into the top 25 for the second year. This program is growing amazingly fast. Connecticut is the premium sports school in the Northeast, period. Football will solidify it. This is great for the State of Connecticut. I have my fingers crossed that we make it to a BCS Bowl this year or if not, a quality Bowl game with a quality opponent.

If brown can continue to run over teams, they have a slight chance, but if you honestly think UCONN is better than WVA or USF you are being a little too much of a "homer".

I am not saying they are no good, nor am I hoping they fail. in fact I would be thrilled if they had another cinderella season. but if you are going to bet money on it, you wuold be wise to just hope they manage to limp into a Bowl game. any bowl game.

FACT:

Lorenzen is out for AT LEAST 6 weeks, and as much as 8 weeks. Broken feet are bad.

even if the backup is good, it is hard to win with a new QB

and they lost TE Brouse for the same amount of time.

the rest of the season is as follows. and the next 4 games with be without Lorenzen

at NC I think this will be a loss.

Off

Off

at Rutgers Win?

Cincinnati 50/50

WV loss

off

at Syracuse Win

at USF loss

off

Pitt loss?

I think Uconn should loose 2 of those games and easily could loose 4 due to the injuries.

I really hope for the best, but I would not get my hopes up :)

I actually think we have a great chance against UNC. They haven't run into a runner like D Brown yet. Frazer is a better all-around QB than Lorenzen, new or not, this kid will be better for us. Rutgers and Syracuse are wins (of course, anything can happen, but should be no-brainers), Cinci is on their 3rd string QB at this point, and have other injuries. At home, that's a win. I think we can take WV at home this year, they aren't playing as well as they should, though better of late, home-field is the win there. Same with Pitt, we beat the bejesus out of them in Pitt last year, and while both teams are better this year, again, home field wins that for us. USF will be a loss, that is a solid team, and UConn won't handle it. We have a legitimate chance against any team this year, with South Florida being the real toughie. UNC barely beat a I-AA team, and they have given up a ton of running yards to bad teams this year, UConn should beat them.

so we got pantsed at UNC.

The biggest problem being turnovers, and honestly I think thats because of the change in QB. Next game I am sure he will do much better. And the offense will be smoother. but 3 blocked kicks?!?! thats a special teams collapse.

I hope the fellas get it together and win some more good games. I think this team might deserve that 24 ranking they had, but they need to prove it first.

how they do against rutgers and Cinbci determine the season in my mind. if they win both with confidence I think the WVU game might be interesting and the team has a chance at a bowl game. But the reality is these guys could loose to either or both of those two teams and just fall apart confidence wise.

Yeah, that game was terrible. I tivo'd it because I had a wedding to go to, came home and watched it and it almost ruined an otherwise great night! I hope that special teams learned something and will not make those mistakes again and Frazer will have to calm down a bit our next couple of games. I think Rutgers with be looking to make a statement and we can't let that happen.

All in all a great day for UCONN. more for what has happened around the conference that what happened in East Hartford.

Uconn wins

Pitt loses

USF loses.

WVU won on Thursday, but really you cant have everything go your way.

Loks like those bad losses wont haunt the team as much as they should have.

West Virginia 3-0 6-2

Connecticut 2-1 6-2

Pittsburgh (17) 2-1 5-2

Rutgers 2-2 3-5

Cincinnati 1-1 5-2

Louisville 1-1 5-2

South Florida (14) 1-2 6-2

Syracuse 0-3 1-6

I think this would be the current rankings now. so all of a sudden UCONN is back in the running for a BCS bid. Mind you I still do not see UCONN beating WVU, PITT and USF.

Who ever wins next week between WVA and UCONN is in the driving seat for the BCS bid. interesting stuff. WVA 0-2 on the road UCONN 3-0 at home.

Pitt is playing a non conference game.

Great game by UConn today, it's a wonder what happens when special teams don't trip on themselves. Seriously, we have two loses directly caused by special teams, it's the difference between a 6-2 season, and an 8-0 season, and possibly a mid teens ranking....

I think we have a fair shot at beating WVU at home next week and that Pitt and USF are certainly winnable games. This season still looks like it will be very successful. Special teams needs to keep playing well and we should be OK like MVlad says. The new kicker looked good and Endres was not bad at all at QB. I know the team is really kicking themselves over that one that was dropped to Rutgers. UConn should have won that game.

I think we have a fair shot at beating WVU at home next week and that Pitt and USF are certainly winnable games. This season still looks like it will be very successful. Special teams needs to keep playing well and we should be OK like MVlad says. The new kicker looked good and Endres was not bad at all at QB. I know the team is really kicking themselves over that one that was dropped to Rutgers. UConn should have won that game.

USF lost to Cinci tonight making their ranking almost a joke.

They did beat one really tough, and highly ranked team, but at this point USF is pretty much out of the running here in the Big East.

Cinci and Pitt are now tied while UCONN can either jump ahead of everyone or fall as far back as tied for 5th with Rutgers

West Virginiat.gif 2-0 5-2

Connecticutt.gif 2-1 6-2

Cincinnatit.gif 2-1 6-2

Pittsburght.gif 2-1 5-2

Rutgerst.gif 2-2 3-5

Louisvillet.gif 1-1 5-2

South Floridat.gif 1-3 6-3

Syracuset.gif 0-3 1-6

Louisville should be able to beat 'Cuse but if they dont and UConn loses, we will end up tied for 4th with Rutgers.

UConn has just let up 3 touchdowns in the 3rd quarter. Here's another problem that UConn has had: they adjust horribly in the second half of games. Same problem they had last year, most of their losses came after not adjusting in the 3rd quarter of games. Pathetic, they need to learn to play big-boy football....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If brown can continue to run over teams, they have a slight chance, but if you honestly think UCONN is better than WVA or USF you are being a little too much of a "homer".

I am not saying they are no good, nor am I hoping they fail. in fact I would be thrilled if they had another cinderella season. but if you are going to bet money on it, you wuold be wise to just hope they manage to limp into a Bowl game. any bowl game.

FACT:

Lorenzen is out for AT LEAST 6 weeks, and as much as 8 weeks. Broken feet are bad.

even if the backup is good, it is hard to win with a new QB

and they lost TE Brouse for the same amount of time.

the rest of the season is as follows. and the next 4 games with be without Lorenzen

at NC I think this will be a loss.

Off

Off

at Rutgers Win?

Cincinnati 50/50

WV loss

off

at Syracuse Win

at USF loss

off

Pitt loss?

I think Uconn should loose 2 of those games and easily could loose 4 due to the injuries.

I really hope for the best, but I would not get my hopes up :)

Archived