Photos needed for University City attractions

lbr

Hi all! I am writing an article on things to do in the University area, and I need some photos to include. This is a last minute request, as I wasn't originally asked to include images--just the writing. I'm not a photographer, and I don't have funds to provide. But I'm happy to credit the name of the photographer in the article! This is a handout to economic developers, and I've touched on Shoppes at University Place, the greenways, parks, YMCA and of course the area mega-attractions (or detractions, depending on how you see them) of Concord Mills and the Speedway. But I'd like the photos to be of the parks/rec and less touristy "stuff". If you have anything to send me, please email me. I appreciate it!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a whole bunch of images from the campus on one of the UNC Charlotte threads on here (I forget which one.) Feel free to use any of them. I honestly can't think of too many "attractions" to photograph off campus in UCity. It's pretty bland compared to older parts of the city. Pictures of the University Place lake boardwalk, IKEA (under construction,) the Charlotte Research Institute, UNCC, and the new front entrance of campus would do well for the flier possibly. Outside of those few places, everything is either shopping strips (as is IKEA, but at least it's an "attraction") or apartment complexes. There are a few landmark statues and cemeteries around the area as well. I've heard there is a monument statue at the junction of 29 and 49 somewhere, although I've never seen it, another is on campus behind Cato as well as many others sprinkled throughout campus, and there is an old slave cemetery off of Mallard Creek Church Rd just north of Tryon. Just some suggestions. I won't have the chance to run out and grab some photos until probably early October.

I have a photobucket account, but I still can't view your album. It says it's private. The proof came by my desk today, and I need to credit your baseball UNCC picture. How do you want me to write that? I emailed you at your hotmail but haven't gotten a reply yet. Thanks!

Archived