Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

"Draft" Belknap Area Specific Plan Review

12 posts in this topic

The Planning Commission is reviewing the draft Belknap Area Specific Plan at Thursday's meeting at 1120 Monroe, for those interested. It looks pretty interesting, with most of the parties involved agreeing to concentrate any future commercial/mixed-use near Coit and Hastings (if I'm reading it correctly).

http://www.ci.grand-rapids.mi.us/download_...97717873961.pdf

The Planning Commission is reviewing the draft Belknap Area Specific Plan at Thursday's meeting at 1120 Monroe, for those interested. It looks pretty interesting, with most of the parties involved agreeing to concentrate any future commercial/mixed-use near Coit and Hastings (if I'm reading it correctly).

http://www.ci.grand-rapids.mi.us/download_...97717873961.pdf

I know there are some sketches of potential bridge and staircase improvements in another thread, but it seems like there are some new materials in this report that would be nice to view a bit larger. Particularly on page 29. Does anyone have access to larger versions?

I hear there are going to be bike tracks along the side for pushing your bike up the hill...

Great news.

Would it be asking too much to get one of these things? :)

">

Put those lifts on Fountain, Fulton, State, and Michigan St. (both sides of the hill) and bike ridership here may go through the roof.

Or save money and just do Fountain. Busy pedestrian corridor, close to both Fulton and Michigan. Maybe have a second on Cherry.

Wonder how much one installation costs...compared with the price of all pertinent users learning how to shift their derailleurs.

what about the snow?, I know biking isn't as common in winter, but what effect could it have on the system.

Wonder how much one installation costs...compared with the price of all pertinent users learning how to shift their derailleurs.