Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, gman430 said:

9-AFA8156-D259-4033-8-F96-51-F5-B1425-ED

AF4-EEF22-78-D6-447-A-83-FC-C13-CAA976-A

B517-F51-E-C53-B-4-A89-AC57-099363-CA561

I REALLY hope some master planning can be done in this area. This is a very poorly organized smattering of buildings in a total sea of asphault. Sprawl and spatial misuse at it's worse right here. 

1-BA0461-C-8-C8-D-4-EB5-91-C9-E71811-E09

Man, that's a lot of lanes there. Are these distributer roads the best way to go or is this an SCDOT thing? 

Thanks for the pics gman!

Edited by distortedlogic

Collector roads are really helpful in areas where there are big interchanges etc....there are tons of them in the Newark/North Jersey area and around DC. They move traffic that is leaving the road out of the way effeciantly and allow incoming traffic to match speed better.  I hope we start to see more of them around the state. 

37 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

I wish they had been able to find the funding and push for landscaping similar to 385. There's a lot of travel lanes and hard surfaces. Hopefully whatever is in the final landscaping plan is pleasing.

Agreed but not sure if there's room. That's essentially 20 lanes of pure asphalt, with little place for greenery or plants/flowers. 

• 4 months later...