Moving to Columbus

nimsjus

My wife and I are moving to Columbus in the spring when I finish pharmacy school. We are 25 year old newlyweds looking for an older/historic home. Schools are not a major concern (no kids yet). Of course we would like to be in a safe area. I will be working just across the river in Phenix City and she will be commuting to Auburn. I grew up in Mobile and went to college in Auburn so I am used to towns with pretty substantial history and charm. Can you guys make any suggestions for places to look when we move up? Any areas to completely avoid even though they may look like what we are interested in?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wife and I are moving to Columbus in the spring when I finish pharmacy school. We are 25 year old newlyweds looking for an older/historic home. Schools are not a major concern (no kids yet). Of course we would like to be in a safe area. I will be working just across the river in Phenix City and she will be commuting to Auburn. I grew up in Mobile and went to college in Auburn so I am used to towns with pretty substantial history and charm. Can you guys make any suggestions for places to look when we move up? Any areas to completely avoid even though they may look like what we are interested in?

That was the area we had gravitated towards when looking on the internet. We have seen several other larger/older home in the area of 2nd avenue and Heritage Park. I am familiar with that area and assume that it isn't recommended because of its proximity to those projects by the civic center and shady surrounding areas? How far does the Weracoba Park area extend? I have assumed staying between Wynnton, Warm Springs/Talbotton, Hilton, and 13th Ave was the best part of this area? We have seen a few just outside of those boundaries (ex. just south of Buena Vista, just north of Warm Springs, etc) and I assumed it would just be a little more hit and miss.

That was the area we had gravitated towards when looking on the internet. We have seen several other larger/older home in the area of 2nd avenue and Heritage Park. I am familiar with that area and assume that it isn't recommended because of its proximity to those projects by the civic center and shady surrounding areas? How far does the Weracoba Park area extend? I have assumed staying between Wynnton, Warm Springs/Talbotton, Hilton, and 13th Ave was the best part of this area? We have seen a few just outside of those boundaries (ex. just south of Buena Vista, just north of Warm Springs, etc) and I assumed it would just be a little more hit and miss.

Archived