Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zenstyle

Meijer Grocery Express review

5 posts in this topic

After reading about this service on (where else?) Urban Planet, I decided to set up an account with them. I picked up my first batch of groceries yesterday afternoon.

The good:

* The fact that this service exists!

* The website is easy to navigate, with a decent FAQ section.

* Pretty comprehensive grocery list so far on their website. They'll be adding more stuff later.

Needs improvement:

* Seasonal stuff listed on the website, but not available in real life (e.g., blueberries.)

* A few too many things out of stock (really, why would a Meijer be "out of" Meijer brand frozen pizza?)

* A little better co-ordination in getting the groceries out to the customer's car. It should only take one trip to explain substitutions, and bring the food and the credit card machine.

I hope the above come across as the very minor quibbles they are. I'm VERY pleased with Grocery Express; even at this early stage.

Now...when will Meijer take it to the next logical step and DELIVER the groceries? When that happens, I'll be their customer for life!

After reading about this service on (where else?) Urban Planet, I decided to set up an account with them. I picked up my first batch of groceries yesterday afternoon.

Needs improvement:

* Seasonal stuff listed on the website, but not available in real life (e.g., blueberries.)...

Now...when will Meijer take it to the next logical step and DELIVER the groceries? When that happens, I'll be their customer for life!

Looks like Meijer is stepping up its online grocery shopping feature.

Article

One can now buy many groceries in bulk via Meijer's website and have them delivered in 5 to seven business days. IMO this would be a big saver on the fuel tank atleast for staple items.

It's great to see Meijer innovating. I don't think they are going to beat Wal-Mart without differentiating themselves and this is the kind of program that gives them a good fighting chance.