Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mudbugger

So long Fatburger!

8 posts in this topic

My wife and i drove down Youree drive today and noticed that Fatburger is closed.

The signage is gone off of the building and it is nearly completely empty.

Does anyone know when this happened?

Mudbugger

Within the last week or two. A co-worker of mine told me about a week or so ago. I say good riddance, to be honest. Pop a Red Robin in its place, or another Fuddrucker's. Or better yet, shutter half of the places on Youree Drive and build something with substance for a change. I know how badly I wanted all these new chains so we'd have a choice in places to dine, but I no longer give a crap if they stay open or not. Longhorn is good, it can stay. Same for Cane's, Cheeburger Cheeburger, and maybe even Logan's. TGIF is a big waste of space. We could have had a PF Chang's in its place, but no.... this IS Sh!tport afterall.

Within the last week or two. A co-worker of mine told me about a week or so ago. I say good riddance, to be honest. Pop a Red Robin in its place, or another Fuddrucker's. Or better yet, shutter half of the places on Youree Drive and build something with substance for a change. I know how badly I wanted all these new chains so we'd have a choice in places to dine, but I no longer give a crap if they stay open or not. Longhorn is good, it can stay. Same for Cane's, Cheeburger Cheeburger, and maybe even Logan's. TGIF is a big waste of space. We could have had a PF Chang's in its place, but no.... this IS Sh!tport afterall.

I like Cheeburger Cheeburger.

I have eaten the 1 lb. burger on 7 different occaisions.

Good burgers and pretty nice salads.

Fatburger was yucky and dirty.

Longhorn has the best steaks on Youree drive.

TGIFriday is crap, Logans is alright.

Just my 2 cents.

Mudbugger

Sounds like we have about the same taste in good food! And though I'm a big, fat fukker, I can honestly say I've never eaten the 1 lb burger at Cheeburger, not even once.

The secret to eating the 1 pounder is that there is no time limit.

When i tackle it i usually eat the first half at normal speed and then i take my time on the other half.

I usually do it once every 4-6 months, i feel like crap afterward and swear i will never do it again but i do, eventually.

Mudbugger

"gourmet" burger joints are usually lame. red robin included. no big loss i say

chipotle would be nice, as would a pei wei