Political idea, earmuff department

Veloise

All those local good causes? Band candy, ministries, disease of the month? They ought to be selling stuff at political events.

Twice in as many weeks I've noticed a dearth of health & welfare vendors. Tons of button and shirt vendors, but all those protestors or viewers might be willing to buy something to offset the heat or sunshine. In a few weeks it'll be umbrellas or those $1 plastic raincoats. Today I would have bought a cold pop or a visor or a squirt of extra sunscreen.

If I was affiliated with a high school band booster group or anyone else shilling for donations, I would be scrubbing the event listings and preparing to provide a needed service. All you'd need would be a Radio Flyer, a bag of ice, and a couple cases of pop. Sell that, get some more. And collect the ten-centers.

This falls under the Special Event: where are the earmuffs? category. (GRFord funeral event reference)

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived