Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gman430

New project on Broad Street.

14 posts in this topic

This is on the other side of the Church Street bridge from Erwin-Penland, yes?

Is it the bare spot across form McBee station? If so, I think there was a rumor about this project about a year ago or so. I think at that time there was talk of a low to midrise project, 4-6 stories or something like that.

It's on the other side of the Church Street bridge from the Elliott Davis building on the same side of Broad Street.

Is it bad that I'm reservedly optimistic about this? I could see a nice midrise in that area before anything "skyscraperish."

Is it bad that I'm reservedly optimistic about this? I could see a nice midrise in that area before anything "skyscraperish."

Interesting. I notice that the School District owns property affected by the road abandonment request and have also signed on. I wonder if their property will be part of the project or if they will be paid a fee to avoid any problems.

It would be fun to have a 10-12 story building there but 4-6 does seem more likely.

Does anyone know if this is the first stage of the project or a late stage?

citylife, do you have any more info on this?

I have done a lot of work with Creative Builders over the years, and I can tell you that what ever

this is it will be first rate, they just don't do bad work. From the lowly Spinx stores to the Terrace at

River Place,they are committed to quality. You can tell a dedicated company when you pull up on

a job site and the president of the company{Will McCauley} has on his work boots and hard hat and is driving the Bobcat.

I cant wait to see what they come up with here its a prim location!

If it can be 6 stories, then it would match the height of the Elliott Davis building and meet the roof lines of the McBee Station apartments nearby. It'd provide for a very nice visual experience on Church Street. Hopefully whatever is built is not simply a twin of 200 East Broad.

That's positive news! At least something is happening. I hope they do a good job with siting the building. It's going to be very tempting and easy to proposed a paved parking lot. I hope for anything better than a mass of asphalt.