I10 & I12 Widening Projects to Overlap.

all2neat

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No kiddin' huh!! I-10 has been a joke along that stretch; should have been widened 10 years ago!!! Way too much development in the SEBR to have I-10 continue to stay the same. Frontage roads need to also be part of the plan from College Drive to Bluebonnet Blvd.

I hope $100million is enough to take I-12 to at least Juban Road; no doubt the Amite River bridge will be expensive; they also make the merge lane continuous from Airline Hwy. to the Sherwood Forest Blvd. exit; then Sherwood to Millerville and O'Neal.

• 4 months later...

Looks like you may get your wish BRPJ! I-10 from Siegen to Highland more priority than I-12 from Denham Springs to Walker. I can understand that; just wish they would do BOTH! Ascension Parish driving into BR says it's their turn; can't argue with that! Got to take care of EBR first; I-10 has been neglected too long.

I-10 in BR might get stimulus aid

Ankner said the I-10 work was picked over another project to widen I-12 from South Range Avenue to Walker amid limited dollars. It really came down to a choice between 10 and 12, Ankner said in a telephone interview. Both of them are critical corridors that we need to invest in, he said.

Where 10 ended up is it is a major link between our two largest cities, Ankner said, a reference to Baton Rouge and New Orleans. It is a slightly more traveled corridor, he added. We can get some real good bang for the dollars by getting to Highland and removing some of the congestion that is being felt by the Ascension Parish folks.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/politics/39765887.html

Looks like you may get your wish BRPJ! I-10 from Siegen to Highland more priority than I-12 from Denham Springs to Walker. I can understand that; just wish they would do BOTH! Ascension Parish driving into BR says it's their turn; can't argue with that! Got to take care of EBR first; I-10 has been neglected too long.

I-10 in BR might get stimulus aid

Ankner said the I-10 work was picked over another project to widen I-12 from South Range Avenue to Walker amid limited dollars. It really came down to a choice between 10 and 12, Ankner said in a telephone interview. Both of them are critical corridors that we need to invest in, he said.

Where 10 ended up is it is a major link between our two largest cities, Ankner said, a reference to Baton Rouge and New Orleans. It is a slightly more traveled corridor, he added. We can get some real good bang for the dollars by getting to Highland and removing some of the congestion that is being felt by the Ascension Parish folks.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/politics/39765887.html

Yeah extending additional lanes on I-12 to only Denham Springs(Range Ave) is only going to shift the death-trap bottle-neck to the East about 4 miles; additional lanes for I-12 really needs to go out to Walker; at least a compromise to Juban Rd??

It still baffles me as to why/what took so long for I-10 to do these additional lanes with all the new MAJOR development (malls, hospitals, restuarants, hotels, urban village, etc). This should have been done at least 10 years ago! Extending the additional lanes to Siegen is a good start; but to Highland Road will be much better!

Maybe one day they can start on the other end in Ascension Parish at Tanger Mall and meet BR in the middle??

Archived