Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spenser1058

Checking Out the Politics Along the "I4 Corridor"

16 posts in this topic

Anyone else seen this?

"At a McCain rally on Monday, television stations caught audio of a crowd member calling Obama a "terrorist," while Dana Milbank reported that "[o]ne Palin supporter shouted a racial epithet at an African American sound man for a network and told him, 'Sit down, boy.'" Also on Monday, at a Palin rally, one member of the audience yelled, "Kill him!"

What about the people chanting "Palin is a C*NT!" at one of her rallyes? Funny how that didn't make the news... aside from fox.

I personaly the media can no longer be trusted.

They supposedly were wearing T-shirts that said it too. A bunch of NOW members or somthing... kinda ironic if you ask me. Its the fact that the media has made such a big deal about how nasty the people at the McCain/Palin Rallies are... but dont show the other side of it. Its disgracefull all the way around.

I guess all of this is just business as usual.... ah la yellow journalism in Teddy Roosevelt's day.

Regarding #2, are you saying that racism trumps sexism?

^ If you're talking in terms of crime, the of course I would agree with you. Any threats should be checked out by the secret service as you suggested.

But in terms of sheer decency, they are both equally despicable.

in a crowd of 4500, how many Secret Service guys are on the Palin detail? They didn't hear it, fine, amongst the boo's and other cat-calling one would have to be close to the idiot who said it. Its called acoustic masking, and its the same as when you're on the field and you can't tell what is being yelled in the stands so much, or what Gabby is trying to tell us when that church bell goes off.... So I can't see where an investigation could even begin to be conducted.

I think both side have blown this a little out of proportion.

FBI just reported the only person who seemed to hear "kill Him" was the reporter who reported it. Must have been a slow news day.

The media loves conflict and controversy. They decide what will get more hits or sell more papers. They are in the business of making money. In this case, the McCain rallies they believe are more interesting to report on.

For all our Chicago expats, the Chicago Tribune will endorse a Democrat for president for the first time EVER. The Trib, of course, has been publishing since before the War Between the States. Col. McCormick is spinning in his grave this evening.

The staff here decided some time ago there will be no presidential political discussions outside the UrbanPlanet Coffee House. Please feel free to take this conversation there. In addition, some of you guys need to read the rules and stop making link only posts.