Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lowerdeck

The Worcester Wind Turbine

5 posts in this topic

Anyone else notice the new wind turbine down by Holy Name/College Hill? I read something on it in the Worcester Magazine, apparently it powers the high school and creates a surplus of energy. That and it's massive at over 200 feet tall, you can see it from a few miles away (I have from 290 near Union Station)

If there was only more of this. I could imagine a few places out in rural Worcester County which could host a wind farm and meet a good chunk of the city's energy demands.

EDIT: found a piece regarding the project = http://www.worcestermagazine.com/content/view/3262/

Its actually hard not to notice. I saw it last night while leaving the area as the sun was starting to set.

The more these things are seen as normal the better off this country will be I suspect.

For some reason I have not been able to see it too much lately. Maybe it's because all I've been doing is driving up and down 290 past that area, and the turbine is on the back side of the hills from the highway.

I have seen it, though it not very noticeable from anywhere I have driven. Unfortunately I have also never seen it turning - I am not sure that is a good sign, either. I am waiting to see Princeton's new turbines. They have removed the old ones already, they had pretty good luck wiht them.

I saw it from Route 20 in Millbury by the 146 interchange. Blades were spinning, I've never seen them stopped.