Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

perrykat

BJ's Wholesale Club Closing

25 posts in this topic

I hope that their store won't sit vacant. It's got an awfully congested location.

there are already plans for two retailers (sorry can't say) to take over the building. I don't know how confirmed the deal is but I have seen the same two names for couple of months.

Academy Outdoors and Sports will take over old BJ's space with another tenant not yet announced.

I'm gonna miss BJ's. I was a member since day one. I filled up on $2.79 gas today. They sold all of their TVs and other electronics yesterday by 3 p.m. I picked up a 160GB iPod for $197.00; normally $350.00. :(

Steve and Barry's on Haywood Rd is closing as well. Saw them advertising 'Going Out of Business' discounts.

Steve and Barry's on Haywood Rd is closing as well. Saw them advertising 'Going Out of Business' discounts.

It's too bad they couldn't have relocated. Do we really need three warehouse clubs within one-half mile of one another? :wacko:

I guess it's "Costco, here I come". I don't shop at Wal-Mart or Sam's Club.

Noticed yesterday that work is underway at the BJ's site. The gas station portion facing Woodruff is being torn down. Is this for more parking? Expansion of the building to accommodate Academy Sports and the other new tenants? :dontknow:

Noticed yesterday that work is underway at the BJ's site. The gas station portion facing Woodruff is being torn down. Is this for more parking? Expansion of the building to accommodate Academy Sports and the other new tenants? :dontknow:

Thanks.

Seems an major spot of congestion for a few small stores.

A new small shopping center similar in size to the one where Chipotle is going will be built where the gas station was. Academy and another smaller tenant will take over the old BJ's building.

They didn't waste anytime on this project. I was just at Target and noticed when I was leaving, the front of BJ's is already under renovation. Anyone know what month Academy and Petco are scheduled to open? March is a typical store opening month.

First post here, really enjoying the site!

As a newbie, I know I shouldn't come off too strong but...

I really don't think the Petco deal went through unless something has changed, I know the developer was pushing hard for them - but they would never commit. I think instead they are going to do 1 or 2 small retail, but were still looking for commitments.

First post here, really enjoying the site!

As a newbie, I know I shouldn't come off too strong but...

I really don't think the Petco deal went through unless something has changed, I know the developer was pushing hard for them - but they would never commit. I think instead they are going to do 1 or 2 small retail, but were still looking for commitments.

Welcome to UP and thanks for the info.

What percentage of sq. footage is Academy taking....maybe 1/2 or 2/3. Seems like another big box would be needed.....small retail is going to be tough IMO given the depth of the space. :dontknow: