Convention Center Hotel(s)

timmay143

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont see how they can't go tall given the land available. The city will want to take as little land as possible for this project. Only problem I see is someone getting a loan to build the hotel at this point in time.

On a side note: lets just keep the CC and CC hotel at 2 threads. One for the center and one for the hotel. This will be a good one for the hotel.

The reasoning behind this is that they are going to be separate projects. I just dont want to have more than 2 like there was on the Siggy that Monsoon had to come in and combine.

Do civic projects have an easier time getting financed than private developments? Is the hotel being done by a private firm or is it officially part of the tax funded convention center? I cant immagine in today's lending environment, much of anything is going to get financed. Maybe in a year or two things will be better.

This does sound like it will be quite tall or maybe slightly shorter twin towers? Either way I'm gold.

nashville maestro-

I hope civic projects have easier lending standards; while I am not positive whether it's civic or private, I do believe I read somewhere that it would be a civic project.

In regards to the type of hotel, I believe the hotel will be placed behind the CMHOF, and that parcel of land would not be large enough for two hotels. Nashville needs a new tallest, so I'm hoping for a tall 1. Time will tell.

Civic projects are financed through bonds. A good or bad bond rating is what can either make or break a project. If a city has just gone through a bankruptcy like we have see around the country, then getting bonds issued for a large municipal project is almost impossible. I think the bond rating for Nashville is very good right now. The problem is that when much of you tax base is sales tax and the economy is down, it could be a problem. This project s tax base is based solely on sales tax based revenue.

The hotel, I think is a private venture and a huge loan would have to happen in order to get ur done. I think this is the case although Producer2 has a lot more insight than I do with this project.

There is already one in early planning stages for the sliver of land behind the Hall of Fame and Hog Alley

Another one is being looked at furhter away at 7th and Commerce parking lot with current zoning allows for something tall.

Don't count Rennaissance out, there are rumors of Tower Investments and Highland Hospitality (Rennaissance) getting in bed to add a new tower over the existing conv center and turn it in to more of a confernce/meeting/banquet facility.

Archived