Lots of Atwells construction

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Andino's lot is look like it's gonna be a new parking lot. The lot next to the Sovereign Bank parking lot (where Judith's Market used to be) is now a parking lot for Constantino's. Someone mentioned in another thread that Federal Hill Florist is going to be some kind of lounge. I have no idea what the old East Coast Tattoo will be. It looked as if they were going to tear it down, but there's still a psychic in that building.

The Andino's lot is look like it's gonna be a new parking lot. The lot next to the Sovereign Bank parking lot (where Judith's Market used to be) is now a parking lot for Constantino's. Someone mentioned in another thread that Federal Hill Florist is going to be some kind of lounge. I have no idea what the old East Coast Tattoo will be. It looked as if they were going to tear it down, but there's still a psychic in that building.

I wouldn't be surprised if I drove by one night after class to find a gravel lot with a "Coming Soon: Additional Parking" sign. That is a cool little building but its pretty tired and seems to need lots of work. I think the storefront on the downtown side of the building has been empty for at least 15 years. If its going to be a restaurant or lounge they should name it Sparks.

I wouldn't be surprised if I drove by one night after class to find a gravel lot with a "Coming Soon: Additional Parking" sign. That is a cool little building but its pretty tired and seems to need lots of work. I think the storefront on the downtown side of the building has been empty for at least 15 years. If its going to be a restaurant or lounge they should name it Sparks.

Well, it is in transition - and transitions are often not pretty- and the economy makes it subject additional factors . But I am certain that th commerce association and others will keep it stable until things get better.

Maybe this should be printed by Projo to quiet the constant negative comments (which make me angry) I always hear from RIanders:

PBN - TODAY'S TOP STORIES

R.I. is No. 2 in better-government rankings

CHICAGO

Yes there are lots of laws relating to transparency in RI. Doesn't mean anyone follows them. However, lest anyone think that these laws just happen upon the books by magick, they are there because people, regular people, taxpayers, etc, push at meetings and hearings and in op eds for the inclusion of these laws. So complain all you want about naysayers and negative nancies. But these are the people to push for laws and standards and transparency. Politicians and public administrators certainly don't.

Yes there are lots of laws relating to transparency in RI. Doesn't mean anyone follows them. However, lest anyone think that these laws just happen upon the books by magick, they are there because people, regular people, taxpayers, etc, push at meetings and hearings and in op eds for the inclusion of these laws. So complain all you want about naysayers and negative nancies. But these are the people to push for laws and standards and transparency. Politicians and public administrators certainly don't.

Don't take this the wrong way, but:

Is it possible that this myriad of laws regarding transparency, and the fact that big corporations are constantly complaining that Rhode Island is "overregulated" aren't just a coincidence? To think that corporate America isn't terminally corrupt is just as naive as thinking that our politicians voluntarily follow the laws that are supposed to govern them. Why on earth would a big company want to relocate to a place with, *gasp*, enforceable ethical guidelines? How gauche!

I don't know how else I can explain it. Do you honestly think that corporate America makes money by conducting itself fairly and openly outside of Rhode Island? These people strike just as many sketchy deals with legislators everywhere else in the world that they do here, as if I should have to explain that in the midst of the country's downward spiral. I just think that A) the books elsewhere are adapted better to their brand of sketchiness, B) Other governments are better at keeping things quiet, and C) People elsewhere choose to ignore what goes on, because ignorance is bliss.

Now that we are done being off topic, does anyone know what is happening with the building across from Bradford Variety?

The little building that is wedged in between it and Medit. was for lease a few months back, I looked at it for a friend and of course there was no mention of construction starting next door.

Archived