Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smw704

boutique hotels in baltimore?

4 posts in this topic

i'll be in baltimore for a few days in early december. any boutique hotels in or around the harbour area? my searches have thus far been fairly fruitless, so i figured perhaps the natives would have some insight.

also, any must-see's in baltimore? i hear theres a serious aquarium. anything else?

[There are a lot of things to do in Baltimore. The Aquarium, the IMAX theater at the Maryland Science Center etc... The Walters Art Museum and the Baltimore Museum of Art both have outstanding collections. As for hotels, the Inn at Henderson Point might be worth considering. The Harbor Court Hotel has been taken over by Inter-Continental, but it is still perhaps the best in town. There's a place called Mr. Mole's, but I have heard mixed reports. The Admiral Fell Inn might be one to consider. Will try to think of more options. Baltimore has a great wealth of opportunity for the tourist.

There are a bunch, but here's a profile on a specific one from the Sun:

Landmark city hotel regains some grandeur

Hotel Brexton, built in 1891, will reopen Feb. 1 after years of vacancy and deterioration

January 20, 2010{sodEmoji.|}By Edward Gunts {sodEmoji.|} [email protected] once-endangered Baltimore landmark that defied redevelopment for two decades will finally gain new occupants when the Hotel Brexton reopens in two weeks.

Richard Naing of RWN Development Group spent $4.5 million to restore and upgrade the building at 868 Park Ave. for use as a 29-room hotel. He plans to operate it as a sister to another property he owns, the Inn at the Colonnade on University Parkway.

(read more here: http://articles.balt...ms-restoration)