Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GE Turbine Man

Possibly relocating to Tri-City Area?

4 posts in this topic

Hey, I am currently living in Greenville, SC. I am looking to change positions with work, and one of the options in the Tri-City Area of eastern TN. I looked in this forum, and didn't find a lot about that area. Is that a nice area to live in? What is it like up there? I haven't been there yet, is it even worth the effort and the trip to see what its like?

Hey, I am currently living in Greenville, SC. I am looking to change positions with work, and one of the options in the Tri-City Area of eastern TN. I looked in this forum, and didn't find a lot about that area. Is that a nice area to live in? What is it like up there? I haven't been there yet, is it even worth the effort and the trip to see what its like?

A lot of hunting, fishing, hiking and camping options for sure. The Tri-Cities are 3 cities of roughly 50,000 each. I am from this area however I live in Nashville now. Johnson City is the most progressive of the 3 with a lot of restaurants and more shopping than the other two cities(Kingsport and Bristol). Bristol is the home of the Bristol Int speedway, and JC is the home of ETSU and Kingsport is home to the industrial giant, Eastman Chemical.