Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veloise

Voting early

6 posts in this topic

From grcity.us:

Absentee Voter Ballots are available approximately 30 days prior to the election at the City Clerk's Office during regular office hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In addition, persons may obtain an Absentee Voter Ballot at the City Clerk's Office on Saturday, November 1, 2008 from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. and may vote in person on Monday, November 3, 2008 from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.

The last date to apply for an absent voter ballot by mail is November 1, 2008.

The absent voter ballot application is available by calling our office at 456-3010 or by visiting this page:

http://www.ci.grand-rapids.mi.us/index.pl?page_id=4000

From moi:

I filled out the app, mailed it DT. A ballot appeared in my mailbox within two days (I don't check my USPS mail daily). Wow, vote at home! No lines, no seniors re-asking, "what's your name again?" (No I Voted sticker, though.) This allowed me to look up various candidates' positions and carefully evaluate the issues...oh, heck, I just voted for the grrlls' names.

Get a load of the Saturday polling at City Hall on 11/1. Sounds like a party!

The assn of Michigan county clerks decided to cross-deputize each other, which means that an 18yo attending school in Ann Arbor doesn't have to travel to Kent County to vote. (State law requires that a first-time voter appear in person. They're working to fix that.)

As a reminder, you can walk up to the city clerk's counter (2nd floor of 300 N. Monroe) and vote during business hours.

And this Saturday 8 am - 2 pm. And Monday 8 am - 4 pm.

You can take your time, avoid waiting in line. (If I were City, I'd offer some temporary voter 15 minute parking slots.)

Residents of other munis, please check with your own city hall/twp office. Pretty sure that counter voting is available anyplace there's a clerk.

Feels really good to have gotten 'er done already. I recommend it!

I don't know. I kinda like standing in the lines, mingling with the other people. It makes me feel more a part of the democratic process.

I don't know. I kinda like standing in the lines, mingling with the other people. It makes me feel more a part of the democratic process.