Lansing BWL starts work on solar array

RustTown

Every little bit helps, and I'm glad to see them using land that is pretty hard to utilize for much else. From the street, this particular location resembles a hill, but it's really earth covering a bunch of treatment tanks for the Dye Treatment facility on the other side of the street. It's currently used as a kind of park with benches and lighting, but no one is ever up there:

BWL starts work on solar array

The Lansing Board of Water and Light broke ground today on the installation of a 432-panel solar power array near Oldsmobile Park.

The solar array on Cedar Street, which will cost less than $600,000 will generate 54 kilowatts, enough to power approximately 50 homes. Construction is expected to be completed by the end of the year.

**continue story at link**

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, now, I don't know that it is ENTIRELY unused! I live in the stadium district - several of the neighbors take their dogs there to use the bathroom. I guess the BWL project is a better use of public space. I'm VERY excited to see this get off the ground - I can see it from my balcony. I'll post updated photos as they become relevant...

-j

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived