Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LA Dave

The Big Game

14 posts in this topic

So, Grand Rapidians, who do you support? The "Arrogant A--holes" from the other side of the state, with their maize and blue traditions? Or the "little brothers" from Moo U, those feisty Spartans?

As a "double Wolverine," my sympathies will be with Michigan this Saturday, though I realize this year, it will be an uphill fight.

So, Grand Rapidians, who do you support? The "Arrogant A--holes" from the other side of the state, with their maize and blue traditions? Or the "little brothers" from Moo U, those feisty Spartans?

As a "double Wolverine," my sympathies will be with Michigan this Saturday, though I realize this year, it will be an uphill fight.

I bleed maize and blue and am really looking forward to going to work on Monday morning... This is little bro's big chance that comes around once every 6-7 years but for some reason I just don't see it happening

I will be rooting for UofM and even given the season they are having think they will pull it out against MSU. Go Blue!

even though this trying time, i still gotta go with the Maize and Blue, rivalry games are kind of hard to predict. so we'll see.

Unfortunately this is hardly a big game this year. UM is horrible this year and MSU is coming off an embarrassing loss at home to the OSU Tree Droppings. Outside of the state this game won't garner any attention.

I'll be pulling for the Maize and Blue but it won't come as a shock if Little Bro gets their first win in Ann Arbor since 1990.

Veloise, I think the pre-game and halftime shows will display more talent than you'll see on the field during the game.

I was able to wrangle up tix for the game. I will have my green and white on, hoping to avoid an embarrassing loss to the "Arrogant A--holes". But yes - there shouldn't be much press outside of the state for this game. It will be quite the letdown regardless of who wins.

... OSU Tree Droppings. ... I think the pre-game and halftime shows will display more talent than you'll see on the field during the game.

Tree droppings?!? That's great. (Ever notice how that green serrated-edge leaf of theirs resembles...another one that was popular in the 70's?)

Well, we tried. Congratulations, Spartans. You had a better team (even though we had a pylon advantage).

Today I saw a guy in a maize & blue logo-ed T-shirt.

I said, "I am so sorry," then noticed his jacket.

With a Det Lions logo on it.

Today I saw a guy in a maize & blue logo-ed T-shirt.

I said, "I am so sorry," then noticed his jacket.

With a Det Lions logo on it.

I've been A Bears fan for a few years now, i had enough of the Lions losing.it gets boring after a while.