The Big Game

LA Dave

So, Grand Rapidians, who do you support? The "Arrogant A--holes" from the other side of the state, with their maize and blue traditions? Or the "little brothers" from Moo U, those feisty Spartans?

As a "double Wolverine," my sympathies will be with Michigan this Saturday, though I realize this year, it will be an uphill fight.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, Grand Rapidians, who do you support? The "Arrogant A--holes" from the other side of the state, with their maize and blue traditions? Or the "little brothers" from Moo U, those feisty Spartans?

As a "double Wolverine," my sympathies will be with Michigan this Saturday, though I realize this year, it will be an uphill fight.

Unfortunately this is hardly a big game this year. UM is horrible this year and MSU is coming off an embarrassing loss at home to the OSU Tree Droppings. Outside of the state this game won't garner any attention.

I'll be pulling for the Maize and Blue but it won't come as a shock if Little Bro gets their first win in Ann Arbor since 1990.

Veloise, I think the pre-game and halftime shows will display more talent than you'll see on the field during the game.

I was able to wrangle up tix for the game. I will have my green and white on, hoping to avoid an embarrassing loss to the "Arrogant A--holes". But yes - there shouldn't be much press outside of the state for this game. It will be quite the letdown regardless of who wins.

Archived