Favorite skylines

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting list Rally, and by the way welcome to the forums.

I would think San Fran would have a slight edge with Coit Tower and the Golden Gate over a city like Pittsburgh (which has a great skyline but nothing like those two monuments in it), I like your thinking though!

Interesting list Rally, and by the way welcome to the forums.

I would think San Fran would have a slight edge with Coit Tower and the Golden Gate over a city like Pittsburgh (which has a great skyline but nothing like those two monuments in it), I like your thinking though!

This is about favorites though so any advantages one has over is negated by each one's opinion.

My list (New York and Chicago are a given):

Atlanta and Dallas are a tie IMO

Seattle

Houston (just needs more diversity in style)

LA

SF

Charlotte (just keeps on going building) and Cleveland are tied

Nashville (will tie Charlotte & Cleveland when Sig and the other developments go up)

Miami is kind of hard to compare. So spread out it doesn't IMO have any particular style, just a lot of buidings.

Louisville (Not sure if MP will add to or take away from general opinions. Will wait and see.

Memhis (The old architecture gets me)

Minneapolis/St. Paul? You do realize each city has its own skyline?

I think alot of people don't realize that since they tend to lump the cities pretty much as one entity.

Kind of like Dallas and Ft Worth, which are actually quite a bit a part, and have there own respective metros really.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pennsylvania's two urban giants are both gems! I love Philly and Pittsburg's skylines:)

I feel Philly has the most underrated skyline in the States.

Minneapolis and Charlotte are both sweet too:)

Worst skylines:

Phoenix

Tampa

New Orleans

San Antonio

Yea Philadelphia's skyline is way underrated..

My favorite, less publisized skylines are:

Charlotte

Denver

Jacksonville

Louisville

Sacramento

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I don't think Philly is under-rated. Its CBD is dumpy and it has few buildings over 500 feet. It also has twin towers that make it look silly. Of the large NE skylines Boston is easily the most under-rated. Its waterfront location and large number of 500 footers blows Philly away.

I don't think Philly is under-rated. Its CBD is dumpy and it has few buildings over 500 feet. It also has twin towers that make it look silly. Of the large NE skylines Boston is easily the most under-rated. Its waterfront location and large number of 500 footers blows Philly away.

CBD dumpy? Thats laughable. Philly easily has one of the best downtowns in the U.S.Don't sound too bitter tocoto, you are giving bostonians a bad name.

For people that does not frequent South forum, here is part of Miami skyline. A lot more building now with the recent boom, this pic is old.

hotttt8cv5vs.jpg

Amazing pic man! I have been to MIA in years and is is more dense than ever remember. I would say MIA has the best skyline behind New York and Possibly a tie with Chicago.

Archived