Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nashville_maestro

Future Deaderick St.

16 posts in this topic

I guess we all forgot but the new MTA hub is finished and opens Monday. This leaves Deaderick St. open for redevelopment. This street is a prime location because it is in the heart of the CBD and houses the widest sidewalks (32 feet) in all of metro Nashville. This leaves the question: how would you like to see Deaderick used in the future?

I would like to see it evolve into a sort of outdoor vendor/shopping area where you could get all sorts of neat things and a corn dog and soda. Whatever happens, I hope it is something uniquely Nashville. I don't want to see another park or Radio Shack's and Pac Sun's lining the street.

I don't think it has to be anything "uniquely Nashville" or gimmicky or even groundbreaking. Just a lot of retail, restaurants and caf

The majority of buildings that front Deadrick for the two blocks coming from the War Memorial are state office buildings and many like Nashvillain said do not have any street facing space that could be used for retail. I think the only one that could be revamped would be the Regions bank building.

I think there is a plan for a new street scape on Deadrick. I cant remember what was planned though.

There was an article in the TN about the Deadrick Street makeover from Oct. 15th. It has been archived now so we can't see it unless we pay.

I went to the MCC grand opening.. one of the MTA tour guides there told me work begins on Deaderick street starting monday (tomorrow). There is a streetscape plan already created.. supposed to be nice, but I havent seen it yet.

I've been wondering what the MTA will do with the old bus shelters. I can only assume they will be scrapped, however i can think of a much better use. There are several major bus stops around town that could use a larger shelter. Sure, they are old and such, but nothing some fresh paint couldn't help. A covered shelter(even an old one) is better than an exposed bench any day.

FYI, the new MCC is top rate!

I've been wondering what the MTA will do with the old bus shelters. I can only assume they will be scrapped, however i can think of a much better use. There are several major bus stops around town that could use a larger shelter. Sure, they are old and such, but nothing some fresh paint couldn't help. A covered shelter(even an old one) is better than an exposed bench any day.

Well, i just sent an email to MTA requesting one of the shelters at my stop. High-hopes, but you never know.

Work in progress on the new Deaderick street.

051.jpg

Why did they leave this single MTA shelter in place? Do they have plans to re-use it?

054.jpg

that wasn't a shelter, that was the on street ticket/customer service kiosk. you would buy things such as student passes, monthly passes, etc, from someone who worked in that kiosk

I see.. you can tell how often I walked down the old Deaderick :)

So why is it still there?

Wow, they wasted no time with this. Hope it transforms the place. Can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for the updates!

im not sure why it is still there, they may use it as an offsite kiosk for a while... i used to go to a magnet school downtown and they didnt have school bus service, so everyone either used city bus service or their parent came and picked them up. it has been quite a while since then, so things may have changed...

so have we seen any renderings yet?

edit; nevermind, just found them..

nashville.gov

It looks like the MTA booth they left standing will be one of the "minor kiosk's" they refer to in the renderings.