Press Endorses McCain

LA Dave

Well, the GR Press editorial board endorsed McCain this weekend, something so noteworthy that it made the New York Times. (Probably due to the fact that very few papers, even historically conservative ones like the Chicago Tribune, have followed suit.) I have been reading the e-mailed comments on M-Live, and they are pretty negative.

What is your reaction? Is the Press' position reflective of where you think West Michigan is this election year?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the GR Press editorial board endorsed McCain this weekend, something so noteworthy that it made the New York Times. (Probably due to the fact that very few papers, even historically conservative ones like the Chicago Tribune, have followed suit.) I have been reading the e-mailed comments on M-Live, and they are pretty negative.

What is your reaction? Is the Press' position reflective of where you think West Michigan is this election year?

Well the Press's endorsement of McSame demonstrate that the editors have the cognitive powers of drywall. As people that report the news local, national, and world, are they not in tune with what is going on around them? Surely they have seen the abysmal shape this country and this world is in thanks to greedy tycoons, self centered ego maniacal politicians, and a president that has single handedly driven this country into the ground and made Americans the punch line of jokes all around the world? To endorse a candidate that has rode on Bush's bandwagon of stupidity 90% of the time is a shortsighted ill informed demonstration of being out of touch and allowing ideology to eclipse common since. I hope the people in the area are not influenced into McCain's favor by this embarrassing endorsement.

Wow, your life must suck! It sad that your happiness is depended on a president and if the frenchies like us or not. If you like Obama policies, all power to you. If you like to have your tax money go directly to those that do not work, that your poragative, but i rather have my tax money go to mass transit, community parks, something every tax payers can enjoy. And even if the presidency may change, my love for this country doesnt.

I don't see how bush's administration and the problems that this country is having now relate to how mcCain will run the country. he is a republican but since neither party really stands for anything anymore I don't see how that is relevant. most of the economic problems that this country is having really had very little to do with bush. it was greenspan who had lowered rates and was against federal lending regulation that lead to the current home price/loan crisis. He'd held his position long before bush entered office. also the market run that bill clinton had prospered under had ended some months before the election. Bush hasn't been perfect, the war in Iraq proves it, but many of the things that he is blame for were for the most part already happening when he got here.

McCain is not like bush at all so you can't say that by electing him you will perpetuate the last 8 years. I would be more concerned about Palin. She doesn't seem very trustworthy to me and does seem very manipulative and power hungry.

Also, what does endorsing McCain have to do with not having balls. it really, at the point, takes balls to endorse him. It's not like the presses' readership is going to drop if they endorse obama. The readers that post comments are generally idiots. I refuse to read them

Unfortunately this topic devolved into a discussion of presidential politics and has already resulted in personal insults being tossed out. This is why, and because of stuff like this, the staff is only allowing general presidential/party discussions only in the UrbanPlanet Coffee House forums. Feel free to that this up there. If that is simply too hard to understand, then here it is again: No McCain vs Obama, Palin vs whatever, Democrat vs Republican, Conservative vs Liberal discussions in these local topics.

Finally it is OK to have a topic on the local elections, and even the national elections as they involve the local area but it is not to become a political debate.

Archived