Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mental757

PROPOSED: "Johnston Town Center" (hotel/retail)

11 posts in this topic

Here's an image of the site:

Local Live

I'm happy this site is finally getting developed. I can remember as a kid when this actually had businesses in most of the lot when Stuarts was still operating. Looking forward to this and if anybody needs pics of it, just let me know.

Yay more sprawl for Johnston! And right on Atwood Ave, no congestion there! Lets see if the town understands the phrase "off-site improvements" this time...

Seriously though, I guess any development activity should be taken in this economy... Anyone else wonder though why the developer wants to do this when they admit it will be very hard to find tenants?

Public financing sought to redevelop Stuart Plaza in Johnston

Town officials and a hotel developer are negotiating a public financing arrangement for the redevelopment of the blighted Stuart

Yay more sprawl for Johnston! And right on Atwood Ave, no congestion there! Lets see if the town understands the phrase "off-site improvements" this time...

Redevelop all these damn plazas into a transit village with dense housing, office, and retail... sigh. What could be if their were any vision for it.