Biggest economic development since BMW

gman430

It's being called the biggest economic development since BMW. It's so big, it's going to involve two counties. 500 new jobs for Laurens County paying an average of $20 an hour with offices/R&D at CU-ICAR in Greenville County. Announcement is expected within the next few weeks. :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's being called the biggest economic development since BMW. It's so big, it's going to involve two counties. 500 new jobs for Laurens County paying an average of $20 an hour with offices/R&D at CU-ICAR in Greenville County. Announcement is expected within the next few weeks. :)

This sounds like great news for the upstate. I can certainly see how this is huge for Laurens County, but I am not clear as to how it will affect Greenville. Exactly how significant will the jobs be for CU-ICAR (number and pay)? I assume they will almost all be white collar jobs at CU-ICAR...

This sounds like great news for the upstate. I can certainly see how this is huge for Laurens County, but I am not clear as to how it will affect Greenville. Exactly how significant will the jobs be for CU-ICAR (number and pay)? I assume they will almost all be white collar jobs at CU-ICAR...

My guess is that it is in the Fountian Inn portion of Lauren's County near Glaxo Smith Kline, Grainger and Faurcia but I could be wrong. But if it is then most likely those workers will be looking for homes in the Greenville County portion of Fountain Inn as well as Simpsonville and Mauldin and they will be shopping on Fairview and Woodruff Rds.

500 MM is a big investment! And I think Laurens cty is the best location for something like this, as that county has largely been left out of the upstate growth over the past 20 years. The county pop has been stagnant for sometime, which suprises me a little. Perhaps this will spur some new neighborhoods and development down that way, which will help open up that part of the metro area a little.

So this is 500 jobs, and the BMW addition is 800 right? Can anyone come up with a list of all the job announcements that have come out in the past 12 months?

Thanks.

413.5 million is a large investment.....for perspective, South Financial campus was a 100 million investment and the new, second BMW factory is a 750 million investment. This is quite sizable. Good to see.

Do you know the name of the company yet?

Archived