Nashville Night Life

RON-E

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember now. I read that some time back. Bars and restaurants tend to have a shelf life. New ones open up and the others have expiration dates. It's always been this way, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not one to visit bars anymore, but do pull for their success. I'm sure some of the now-closed bars are still living on residual profits from my numerous outings in the 70s and 80s.

Like the rest of the economy, things will continue to be in question for a while to come. When housing and the financial markets stabilize and more questions about the new administration are answered and things normalize somewhat, I'd expect the result to be one of upward movement. I'm not predicting anything at this point, the Sunday before THE TUESDAY TO END ALL TUESDAYS, but people are resilient and when the thick syrup of politics finally drains from our blood, the world will come into focus and we'll at least be able to plan.

2009 won't be a year of new announcements on the scale to which we've become accustomed, but I don't think it will disappoint. Residential, as we find in The Gulch or other places, is similar to offices and warehouse space. When the times improve, the best thing to have is inventory. Inventory we have. When people get comfortable buying and prices settle in a more realistic place, the units online now will move. Announcements of new projects will follow.

The questions on most people's minds right now revolve around financial stability, not places to buy a $10 cocktail. As a quasi-optimist, I'm hoping we''ll all be singing "Happy Days Are Here, Again" before long. (Google the historical reference, if necessary). If not, I'm doubling up on my dead-bolts.

I remember now. I read that some time back. Bars and restaurants tend to have a shelf life. New ones open up and the others have expiration dates. It's always been this way, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not one to visit bars anymore, but do pull for their success. I'm sure some of the now-closed bars are still living on residual profits from my numerous outings in the 70s and 80s.

Like the rest of the economy, things will continue to be in question for a while to come. When housing and the financial markets stabilize and more questions about the new administration are answered and things normalize somewhat, I'd expect the result to be one of upward movement. I'm not predicting anything at this point, the Sunday before THE TUESDAY TO END ALL TUESDAYS, but people are resilient and when the thick syrup of politics finally drains from our blood, the world will come into focus and we'll at least be able to plan.

2009 won't be a year of new announcements on the scale to which we've become accustomed, but I don't think it will disappoint. Residential, as we find in The Gulch or other places, is similar to offices and warehouse space. When the times improve, the best thing to have is inventory. Inventory we have. When people get comfortable buying and prices settle in a more realistic place, the units online now will move. Announcements of new projects will follow.

The questions on most people's minds right now revolve around financial stability, not places to buy a $10 cocktail. As a quasi-optimist, I'm hoping we''ll all be singing "Happy Days Are Here, Again" before long. (Google the historical reference, if necessary). If not, I'm doubling up on my dead-bolts.

Was On The Rocks the one that is now the Wall Street Pub or whatever? Or maybe that was the other one..

Christopher Pizza is also closing.

City Hall, though, is only closing because Urban Outfitters wanted the space. Trust me, they were not hurtin for business, judging by the parking available on nights when they had events.

• 1 month later...

lot 7 was the other one that closed down, and there is a new ultra lounge replacing it called MAI...

it is supposed to be layla 'esque which is good because that was one place i was dissapointed to see close.

so there is more night life coming to the gulch, good to see!

Archived