COMPLETED: Hartford 21

Cotuit

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will bring my camera to work tomorrow, and if its nice out and work is not crazy and I remember.... pictures will be had.

OK, so I did bring my camera, and strolled over there and inside. I then felt like an ass for having a camera with me. I guess I just do not have what it takes to take photos of the inside of a store or the front of a store with people around. The good news is that I did take 1 picture before the attendant came out from the back room. I will post it Im sure some day soon. It is cery nice, but I have seen nicer. they seem to sell prediminantly wine, and have a small selection of the necessary spirits. The person behind the counter gave me a little tour and said there would be more product coming, but their other location is now closed. If you live downtown and are going to throw a party I would drive to SuperLiquors in Glastonbury, but if you need to pick up a bottle or two here and there when friends are over its perfect. I think they will also do will with workers picking up a bottle before heading home, or heading to dinner at a friends.

The sad thing is that I tried to take pictures of the market for you fine people and the glass turned out to be too reflective. It was a dark enough day that my camera wanted to use the flash. But when I turned the flash off the angle of the sun must have been just right to mess up most pictures still. It will be a very nice market. It will look and feel like 1/2 of whole foods in W Hartford. The deli counter areas even reminded me of the back left and right sides of Whole Foods W Hartford. I hope this helps sell apartments and the pearl street condos get built as a result. It looks close to opening as well. I mean it looks like a market not a construction site. who knows, we will see.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2008/02/24/3287582.htm

Article I found or Northlands site.

Coursey, Gottesdiener's spokesman, said that his boss likes talking about his retail space because it gives him a chance to address the skeptics. To them, he said, an open market in 2008 would send a very clear message.

"It will not only provide a much-desired service," Coursey said, "but it will also signal the return of retail that supports everyday living."

This kind of is a rehash of another article, but adds info from trumbull on the park owner Kenney and such.

I looked in the window and it seriously looks close to open.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to write an observation I made at the begining of the month after I took the wifey to the opera. my first opera, and it was a good time and made us both laugh alot. anyhoo, now that I was all cultured up we drove home, but I did notice that Hartford 21 is at least as lit up at night as the Bushnell tower. On the West side of the building, the center of the uilding(all 1 br units) were lit from the penthouse all the way to the bottom. and quite a few of the corners were lit as well. It really looks lived it, active, whatever you want to call it.

Hahahaha...

Huge club/restaurant by a well known name from Miami and New York.

Is it Jet? I used to know the owners perrtty well and a friend of mine is still pretty close should I call them and see if its them?

Jet East

Jet Set

Jet Las vegas

I know they owned Jet East, but that closed in the hamptons anyways

Is it Jet? I used to know the owners perrtty well and a friend of mine is still pretty close should I call them and see if its them?

Jet East

Jet Set

Jet Las vegas

I know they owned Jet East, but that closed in the hamptons anyways

Not Jet. I probably shouldnt say anything else until they have a deal closed. I understand they are very close.

Bill Parcells is opening a club???

If it doesn't work he can buy Coach's, they just shuttered their doors.

Coaches was just bought and will be rrenovated and re opened as a different place. its posted in the retail thread.

Also I read last night that the former owners of coaches mentioned re opening in a different location in the Hartford area. so we may see coaches come back some day. I think it would do great on Pratt. seriously there should be a true sports bar on Pratt.

But The Tuna was a funny reference. J-lo also works

Bill Parcells is opening a club???

If it doesn't work he can buy Coach's, they just shuttered their doors.

Coach's was actually sold to the group that operates the Black Bear Saloon in other locations throughout Connecticut. It will reopen after renovations as a Black Bear Saloon.

• 4 weeks later...

There was a steak house, Chuck's, on the corner of Asylum and Trumbull for years. It did great. Putting another steak house somewhere near that corner is very low risk, it's a no brainer.

Capital Grill would go great in downtown.

so I heard today that Aetna Employees can get a 30% discount on rent. has anyone heard this? maybe other companies in the area do this as well?

I hadn't heard that, but that is a really good deal. I would probably take advantage of it.

I've suggested this tactic on these boards multiple times before. It would make great sense for major landlords and companies to co-exist together and bring people living downtown by helping to subsidize employees of said companies. Either A) renters reduce the cost by x+y amount, with the employer covering x and the employer covering y to the renter OR B) employers giving y directly to the employee to cover costs. It makes perfect sense, everyone wins.

ok, so I actually went in and looked around and the place is truely amazing!

I did confirm the rumor of the 30% Aetna discount. It is true; however, it is offered to Aetna employees because Aetna is a major investor/stakeholder in Northland group. Northland also offers a 20% discount to employees of whoever occupies their Trumbull street building.

So, with this discount it makes the rooms very attractive; however, there's a wait list for 5 deep for the upper end 1 bedroom and probably about 10 on the lower end 1-bedroom. A few 2 bedrooms are available, but I understand they are going fast.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so I actually went in and looked around and the place is truely amazing!

I did confirm the rumor of the 30% Aetna discount. It is true; however, it is offered to Aetna employees because Aetna is a major investor/stakeholder in Northland group. Northland also offers a 20% discount to employees of whoever occupies their Trumbull street building.

So, with this discount it makes the rooms very attractive; however, there's a wait list for 5 deep for the upper end 1 bedroom and probably about 10 on the lower end 1-bedroom. A few 2 bedrooms are available, but I understand they are going fast.

This 30% discount has not been communicated to Aetna employees as of yet - I know because I'm one of them! I think it's a great idea though even if it does draw some eye rolling from the sullen people who walk our halls. ;)

This 30% discount has not been communicated to Aetna employees as of yet - I know because I'm one of them! I think it's a great idea though even if it does draw some eye rolling from the sullen people who walk our halls. ;)

Yeah that makes sense. I would think with a 30% discount, and some 7000 employees H-21 would be over full. but it makes more sense that it is not advertised because they would prefer full paying renters.

Welcome to the board Hboy

and how bad is it over at Aenta? I have a job search coming up and was thinking about giving some of the big insurance companies a shot at me.

Archived