COMPLETED: Hartford 21

Cotuit

I asked Northland in 2002 (via e-mail) if there would be lighting on the top floors of H21 and they said absolutely. Hopefully they stick to their word.

My guess is it'll be a soft glow coming from within the top 3 mechanical floors that'll look something like the top of the Bloomberg tower in NYC.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Emporis is asleep at the wheel about Hartford. They don't have our newly opened Hartford Marriott Downtown on the list either. Our skyline is growing again, and it's wasn't that small to begin with. Like I always tell my friends, Hartford is about 3 very tall building away from a major city skyline that would be comparable to let's say a Milwaukee, Indianapolis, or Charlotte to name a few. I just hope that the current projects spur more even taller towers for our fair city. Just to let you know, There are already plans in the works for at least 3 other condo towers near Downtown.

Hartford has a much better skyline than Milwaukee. And while Charlotte has taller buildings, the downtown is deader than Hartford.

I'm not saying our's isn't better, but if you put them next to each other most would still pick out the larger cities. If we get a few more really tall towers I think we would really have a skyline more befitting a city of 250,000 to 500,000 instead of 125,000. We all know that for cities of our size, our skyline is the best in the U.S. if not the entire world.

Emporis is asleep at the wheel about Hartford. They don't have our newly opened Hartford Marriott Downtown on the list either. Our skyline is growing again, and it's wasn't that small to begin with. Like I always tell my friends, Hartford is about 3 very tall building away from a major city skyline that would be comparable to let's say a Milwaukee, Indianapolis, or Charlotte to name a few. I just hope that the current projects spur more even taller towers for our fair city. Just to let you know, There are already plans in the works for at least 3 other condo towers near Downtown.

I would agree with beerbeer....Hartfords skyline is WAY better than Milwaukee's....and with a few more tall buildings 450-600ft Hartford would be equal to a cities like Columbus, Indianapolis, or dare I say Pittsburgh.

I'm not saying our's isn't better, but if you put them next to each other most would still pick out the larger cities. If we get a few more really tall towers I think we would really have a skyline more befitting a city of 250,000 to 500,000 instead of 125,000. We all know that for cities of our size, our skyline is the best in the U.S. if not the entire world.

I also agree with this too. Hartford defintely ran away with a skyline more befitting a city with a population like Buffalo or something. Very glad it's in Hartford though. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. Now if we could only get a new tallest. Too bad I don't see that happening for atleast 10 years if not more.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having lunch donwtown at a caferteria inside the state street building and I had the most beautiful view of the Travelers tower. Damm I wish I had a digital camera with me, you guys would of loved the view. Central row looked awesome as well.

• 1 month later...

Is this open for business or what? How does it tie into the streetscape? Anybody have information on how much is occupied or leases signed? I'm very curious as to how this plays out...I feel that this project will be a trendsetter for not only Hartford, but the entire region. If all goes well, it will be the catalyst for future projects that have been proposed to break ground...

Is this open for business or what? How does it tie into the streetscape? Anybody have information on how much is occupied or leases signed? I'm very curious as to how this plays out...I feel that this project will be a trendsetter for not only Hartford, but the entire region. If all goes well, it will be the catalyst for future projects that have been proposed to break ground...

I think it ties in pretty well to the street scape. The only confirmed tenant is the YMCA of Greater Hartford who has sold their flagship facility downtown to Northland, the developer of this project, for future redevelopment. I am very optimistic for this project and am anxious to see what sort of retail tenants we can land.

Is this open for business or what?

Not yet. It won't be fully operational for another 3-6 months. However, some of the lower floors will probably start opening by the end of June or early July.

How does it tie into the streetscape?

It has new modern (floor to ceiling glass) storefronts that open up right onto a new, wide sidewalk. The other side of the tower that faces the street is a parking garage entrance which is more a less a blank wall, but that is to be expected. I will be in Hartford either this upcoming weekend or next weekend and plan to snap some shots of how it ties into the streetscape.

Anybody have information on how much is occupied or leases signed?

In February, it was reported that the leasing office had recieved almost 300 inquires about the 262 apartments. We have no idea however, how many of those inquires turned into signed leases. The 4 (or is it 8?) penthouses on the top floor were garnering the most interest.

Archived